Sign in with
Your question

ATI 1900 Cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2006 10:29:44 PM

I'm a bit disappointed in THG. The hardcore benchmark site that made Tom's "what it is" is now a site I check once a week (instead of everyday). The ATI 1900 cards are out, and from what I hear they knock the socks off the other cards out there. I guess I'll check back in a week or two. I'll have to scroll past all of the gibber-jabber and hopefully find an article that pertains to a computer. I will say this, I still think Tom's is one of the most un-bias sites out there. Laterz! :twisted:

More about : ati 1900 cards

January 25, 2006 1:34:16 AM

Well,

I didn't even have to wait for 2 weeks. Great review of the 1900 cards... I especially liked the part where the fan was removed and it didn't fry. This is typical of THG, and it keeps me coming back. For any of you who have had a fan lock up on you (while afk)... It can be a costly experience. It would be nice to see a system shutdown on a gpu fan failure (considering they cost as much as many highend CPUS)... Heck, if they can do it for CPUs, why not GPUs...
It may finally be time for me to decide on a new single gpu system (with an option to upgrade to dual). Once you get that system that gels, it is very hard to walk away from that safety net. Back in the day, it used to be about setting your jumpers to ensure no conflicts between IRQs... Now, it's all about getting a chipset that will work with all of your hardware. The lack of standards is killing the PC industry. Ahh, but that is a new tread.
February 1, 2006 12:55:58 PM

i must have missed the review, i really should pay more attention lol, ill have a hunt about and read then contemplate upgradin lol
Related resources
February 1, 2006 7:33:29 PM

I Heard From A Good Source That Matrox Is Working On A Top-Secret Dx10! Card With A 512Bit Memeory Bus (But Oddly Using GeforceFX 5900 Era DDR1 RAM) And Revolutionary New .90nm Based Archatecture, It May Not Be True... But Then If It Is, Its About Damn Time We Get Some Real Competition
Im Tired Of The Old Nvidia Vs. ATI Battle Thats Been Going On For What Feels Like A Very Long Time. They Need A Competitor
February 1, 2006 10:34:20 PM

Quote:
I Heard From A Good Source That Matrox Is Working On A Top-Secret Dx10! Card

Hmm, probably in the same way the Parhelia was to be DX9, sadly. :cry: 
These rumours have been going on for a while, just ask Vapor what he and I were looking forward to during the last generation of cards.

Quote:
With A 512Bit Memeory Bus (But Oddly Using GeforceFX 5900 Era DDR1 RAM)

Well I've been advocating that for a while, DDR1 can clock dang high, and 450MHZ od DDR1 on 512 = 900MHZ GDDR3 on 256, so what's more expensive the chip support and board trace integrationg or the memory?
The 3DLabs Realizm cards already support 512bit RAM, and the Matrox Parhellia is an internally 512bit chip, so support isn't unreasonable should they look to replace the aging Parhelia as a workstation card. Their gaming droup is pretty much dead (they fired all their gaming relations guys).

Quote:
And Revolutionary New .90nm Based Archatecture,

How would it be revolutionary? Other than the typo 0.9 nm instead of 90nm?
90nm is already out there for both nV (integrated) and ATi (whole line) products. They're already low-k, so the only thing I could think of is if they added strained silicon or dopped silicon.

Quote:
It May Not Be True... But Then If It Is, Its About Damn Time We Get Some Real Competition

If it is true I'd Ki$$ you! And do the dance of the Return of the MatroxFanboi! :mrgreen:

To even think of even an X850 level performer with surround view support (which Morrowind supported) is very VERY exciting.

However, I doubt it. But man it'd make me a happy camper!

Quote:
Im Tired Of The Old Nvidia Vs. ATI Battle Thats Been Going On For What Feels Like A Very Long Time. They Need A Competitor

What about XGI? :tongue:
February 1, 2006 11:42:18 PM

What I Meant By Revolutionary (And I Was Being Figurative) Was The Actual GPU Architecture Not The .90nm Process
March 22, 2009 2:13:54 AM

where I can found (FREE DOWNLOAD) A VIDEO CARD ''1900 series ATI Card"?
Because I install GTA , but I can't do, so I need this video card...
THANKS...
!