Is this any help?

Please bear with me, Rob; I'm one of those old fogies permanently over his
head in PC waters.

I checked the event log, and although I have no idea what it means, I can
relay that it lists 8 Application errors, 2 Winlogin errors and 5 Event
System errors. I see Event numbers: 4609 (twice), 1,000 (twice), 1015, 1001.
There are Categories: (50) and (52). Does that tell you anything?

I also checked System (local) and see an error of W32 Time (event 29, not
available, PC) that seems to me to coincide exactly with the time of a very
recent hang. On this list I see that Event 7023 is listed for all error
cases.

I do not know how to find Compatability Wizard; a search is no help. Can you
steer me toward it? But I also wonder why there should be a compatability
problem when I've been using WinXp on this PC for two years (admittedly,
with stretches of problems the last six months).

What relevance is the mainframe info? None, apparently. I just thought it
might be useful, thinking that it is the core of the hardware. Ignorance.

Oh, while looking for compatability wizard I noticed in Services
Components-Services (Local) that the only thing disabled was Access to
Interface Device, so I enabled it. Hasn't corrected the hanging problem
though.

There is a program out there called PC Doctor On call.> it will analize your
PC and tell you if there are any erros./ The key to unlock the fix part of
the program can be spendy $40 for 30 days and $100 per year for the unlock
keys. I haven't tried the program so I cannot vouch for the effectiveness
of it. It found 22 erors on my computer thea Norton System Tools has not
found

Good Luck

"LeRoy Ferguson" <leroyferg@ya.com> wrote in message
> Please bear with me, Rob; I'm one of those old fogies permanently over his
> head in PC waters.
>
> I checked the event log, and although I have no idea what it means, I can
> relay that it lists 8 Application errors, 2 Winlogin errors and 5 Event
> System errors. I see Event numbers: 4609 (twice), 1,000 (twice), 1015,
1001.
> There are Categories: (50) and (52). Does that tell you anything?
>
> I also checked System (local) and see an error of W32 Time (event 29, not
> available, PC) that seems to me to coincide exactly with the time of a
very
> recent hang. On this list I see that Event 7023 is listed for all error
> cases.
>
> I do not know how to find Compatability Wizard; a search is no help. Can
you
> steer me toward it? But I also wonder why there should be a compatability
> problem when I've been using WinXp on this PC for two years (admittedly,
> with stretches of problems the last six months).
>
> What relevance is the mainframe info? None, apparently. I just thought it
> might be useful, thinking that it is the core of the hardware. Ignorance.
>
> Oh, while looking for compatability wizard I noticed in Services
> Components-Services (Local) that the only thing disabled was Access to
> Interface Device, so I enabled it. Hasn't corrected the hanging problem
> though.

TRENDING THREADS