terminal user desktop

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Thanks to some very usefull tips in this newsgroup I managed to set most
important policy settings concerning our terminal server. Last thing I would
like to achieve is to customize the user desktop until only the relevant
shortcuts (2 applications) are left. Untill now I only succeeded in removing
ALL shortcuts and program files, what policy settings can be usefull here?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Folder redirection.

[User Configuration\Windows Settings\Folder Redirection]

Enable the following settings:
Application Data
Desktop
My Documents
Start Menu

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"b.binnenweg" <bobby01@nospamxs4all.nl> wrote on 28 feb 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

> Thanks to some very usefull tips in this newsgroup I managed to
> set most important policy settings concerning our terminal
> server. Last thing I would like to achieve is to customize the
> user desktop until only the relevant shortcuts (2 applications)
> are left. Untill now I only succeeded in removing ALL shortcuts
> and program files, what policy settings can be usefull here?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Thanks again, after changing the 'grant user exclusive rights to desktop'
setting the customized desktop works fine now. A problem with regional
settings that can't be changed for known users was solved by deleting some
user profiles.