Rights restrictions - printing and file transfer

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 2, 2005 9:21:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I'd like to make sure before we purchase a TS that there is an easy way to
make sure only some of the users can transfer files and print. I want about
10 people to be able to access the server but only about 4 of them should
have the right to print or transfer files.

Thanks

PS I mean print anywhere - at home or at the office from an applications
they are using through TS that run on other servers.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:46:55 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

You can turn off "client printer mapping" for those you don't want to
be able to add local print objects. The other methods of prevention are
not related to TS (NTFS permissions and Group Policies). The same is
true for tranferring files.

gt
Server Based Computer Evangelist
!