w2kserver as a licence server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

We have a win2k server running as a licence server. I doubt if it will be
able to function as a licence server for TS2003. Can i move the licence
server role to another (2003) server in our domain thus making that machine
capable of being a TS2003 licencing server?

seth

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

if the terminal server is 2003, the license server can be any 2003 server

"news.demon.nl" <barry@nospam.binnenweg.demon.nl> wrote in message
> We have a win2k server running as a licence server. I doubt if it will be
> able to function as a licence server for TS2003. Can i move the licence
> server role to another (2003) server in our domain thus making that
> machine capable of being a TS2003 licencing server?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Ok, I tried the automatic licencing method from within de Terminal Server
but the wizard wasn't able to find a licence server. However, we do have
one, but it is a win2k server. Somehow I can't activate a licence server to
accept TS licences.
"seth" <me@myhouse.com> schreef in bericht
> if the terminal server is 2003, the license server can be any 2003 server
>
> "news.demon.nl" <barry@nospam.binnenweg.demon.nl> wrote in message
>> We have a win2k server running as a licence server. I doubt if it will be
>> able to function as a licence server for TS2003. Can i move the licence
>> server role to another (2003) server in our domain thus making that
>> machine capable of being a TS2003 licencing server?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

That's because a 2003 TS needs 2003 TS CALs, and those can only be
installed on a 2003 Licensing Server.
The reason for this is that a W2K Licensing Server doesn't know the
new licensing type (Per User versus Per Device).

But a 2003 LS can handle both 2003 and W2K TS CALs, so you could
move all of your TS Licensing to a 2003 Licensing server.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"news.demon.nl" <barry@nospam.binnenweg.demon.nl> wrote on 03 mar
2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup: