OMG please help me fix this!!!

Marlboro4tw

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Ok so here goes..I ordered a new bios from esupport.com my old bios was dated 12/2/2002 and this new bios was dated 8/19/2005
So i made the boot disk and copied the bios files they gave me and rebooted as told it brought me to the prompts to save original and all i go to flash it and it said flash rom is write protected so i disabled bios guardian in my bios and did the routine again and got the same message so i loked around on the net and on their webpage it said that some flash loders may not work correctly so i would have to find a new flash loader which i di and it was uniflash..
rebooted and followed instructions from uniflash but as it was flashing it said that their was errors then it went to a: prompt..So i rebooted and then i had no screen at all no picture!!!..Hard drives fans cd romswill spin but my mouse and keyboard will not light up at all..So i called esupport and they sent me 2 new BIOS chips one was the original from 12/2002 and the new one from 8/2005..I inserted the 8/2005 bios chip in and rebooted and still nothing everything spins but no screen at all and no mouse or keyboard..
I have bare bonned it down and still nothing i have messed with all the jumper settings CMOS battery taken out for a night cleared cmos jumpers and still nothing..Replaced ram reseated ram just 1 stick of ram and nothing..Also my floppy drive works but the led light just stays lit but no activity even when i have a disk in it.I had a 350 watt PSU in it and replaced it with a Antec 500 wat psu and that didnt help and i also bought a pci vid card and that didnt help.I am at my wits end trying to figure this out
i am at the point of having a nervous breakdown..

It is a FIC vg31
intel p4 2.53ghz

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, it sounds pretty much like you've toasted your BIOS and the chips they sent you don't play with that Fic board. At this point, I'd really consider just ordering a new bard to get you back up and running. Newegg has a pretty good selection of socket 478 boards for $50 or less...