'client' printing in terminal services

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Hello

We're having a huge problem with printing through terminal services from our
clients. Server is Win2000 SBS with TS in application mode installed,
clients are WinXP.
When client connects to our TS server from outside (first VPN, than RDC) I
actually see printers that were mapped from client to server (in printers on
my server I get 'HP1100/through session' that client has installed), but
when client tries to print, get's error saying there is some kind of memory
problem. I tried to print a test page from server directly to a client's
printer but get error reporting there are problems with drivers.
So we uninstalled all printers and printing software from server, restarted
server, localy installed on a server on LPT1 port all printers that our TS
users have, but still the same problem.
What could be wrong? It's strange because all this printing worked with no
problems a few days ago, but suddenly stopped, and nothing was changed on a
server. Users also have all permissions to print and manage printers. Any
help or information will be appriciated.
Thank you all in advance
Best regards
Miha

mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Kill the VPN, that aggravates the only big headache of printing in TS. No
need for VPN in TS, been doing TS 7 years and if you enable 128 bit
encryption and use strong passwords you will be ok, VPN is the same u/p so
all you have is 2 locks, 1 key usually.

"Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> We're having a huge problem with printing through terminal services from
> our clients. Server is Win2000 SBS with TS in application mode installed,
> clients are WinXP.
> When client connects to our TS server from outside (first VPN, than RDC) I
> actually see printers that were mapped from client to server (in printers
> on my server I get 'HP1100/through session' that client has installed),
> but when client tries to print, get's error saying there is some kind of
> memory problem. I tried to print a test page from server directly to a
> client's printer but get error reporting there are problems with drivers.
> So we uninstalled all printers and printing software from server,
> restarted server, localy installed on a server on LPT1 port all printers
> that our TS users have, but still the same problem.
> What could be wrong? It's strange because all this printing worked with no
> problems a few days ago, but suddenly stopped, and nothing was changed on
> a server. Users also have all permissions to print and manage printers.
> Any help or information will be appriciated.
> Thank you all in advance
> Best regards
> Miha

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Thanks for the reply.
Regarding VPN, we need it because our outside clients need to connect to our
LAN to access server (we have SBS2000 not 2003), so I suppose VPN is the
only solution to done this. Strange, becasue we never had any problems with
printing before ?
Regards
Miha

"Mark" <info@nospam.mcse2000.com> je napisal v sporoèilo
news:%23laUe79MFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl ...
> Kill the VPN, that aggravates the only big headache of printing in TS. No
> need for VPN in TS, been doing TS 7 years and if you enable 128 bit
> encryption and use strong passwords you will be ok, VPN is the same u/p so
> all you have is 2 locks, 1 key usually.
>

> "Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> We're having a huge problem with printing through terminal services from
>> our clients. Server is Win2000 SBS with TS in application mode installed,
>> clients are WinXP.
>> When client connects to our TS server from outside (first VPN, than RDC)
>> I actually see printers that were mapped from client to server (in
>> printers on my server I get 'HP1100/through session' that client has
>> installed), but when client tries to print, get's error saying there is
>> some kind of memory problem. I tried to print a test page from server
>> directly to a client's printer but get error reporting there are problems
>> with drivers.
>> So we uninstalled all printers and printing software from server,
>> restarted server, localy installed on a server on LPT1 port all printers
>> that our TS users have, but still the same problem.
>> What could be wrong? It's strange because all this printing worked with
>> no problems a few days ago, but suddenly stopped, and nothing was changed
>> on a server. Users also have all permissions to print and manage
>> printers. Any help or information will be appriciated.
>> Thank you all in advance
>> Best regards
>> Miha

TRENDING THREADS