Terminal server bandwidth requirements

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hello All,
I have an issue with getting information on bandwidth requirements. Could
someone please let me know if 1mbps upstream is good enough for 75 terminal
server sessions. We currently use T1, we have an option to switch to cable
for less than half the price. But I cannot find bandwidth requirements for
each sessions as of yet.

Thanks

Sunil
1 answer Last reply
More about terminal server bandwidth requirements
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    Bandwidth requirements depend on many factors: which applications
    your users are running on the TS (graphics intensive applications
    like CAD programs are bandwidth killers, and so is Internet
    Explorer under some circumstances), how much printing is done, etc.

    Minimum bandwidth for a useable RDP Session = 26.4Kbps
    800x600 @16 bit color - 26.4Kbps per session
    1024x768 @256 colors - 24.6Kbps per session

    each increase in screen resolution or color depth requires about 3-
    4 Kbps more bandwidth.

    Have a look at Patrick Rousse's hardware recommendations:
    http://www.workthin.com/tshw.htm

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "Sunil Thomas" <sunil306@hotmail.com> wrote on 04 apr 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

    > Hello All,
    > I have an issue with getting information on bandwidth
    > requirements. Could someone please let me know if 1mbps upstream
    > is good enough for 75 terminal server sessions. We currently use
    > T1, we have an option to switch to cable for less than half the
    > price. But I cannot find bandwidth requirements for each
    > sessions as of yet.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Sunil

Bandwidth Microsoft Terminal Server Windows