Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi,

I'have this strange phenomana on a Windows2003 terminal server.
When a user with roaming profile logs on for the first time
(theromaing profile has to be created), it seems to forget that the
usrlogon.cmd has to be executed. There are users experiencing this
even the second or the third time. When the users logout the roaming
profile cache is deleted locally and written out to a profile dir on a
(2000)cluster.
I use a policy file 1_allinonew2k3.adm wich seem to work ok. Users log
on from NT4 domain.
I have tried to raise the debug level of the logon process, in the
userenv.log the profile creation seems to work ok and ends with
winlogon.exe so i cant get any clue in this file i think.

Any tips and tricks on this are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Henk Wieland

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

UsrLogon.Cmd does a check on the variable %rootdrive%. If that isn't
defined, it exits UsrLogon.Cmd.
Did you run chkroot.cmd, in the Application Compatibilbity Scripts
folder?

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

henk_wieland@hotmail.com (Henk WIeland) wrote on 29 apr 2005:

> Hi,
>
> I'have this strange phenomana on a Windows2003 terminal server.
> When a user with roaming profile logs on for the first time
> (theromaing profile has to be created), it seems to forget that
> the usrlogon.cmd has to be executed. There are users
> experiencing this even the second or the third time. When the
> users logout the roaming profile cache is deleted locally and
> written out to a profile dir on a (2000)cluster.
> I use a policy file 1_allinonew2k3.adm wich seem to work ok.
> Users log on from NT4 domain.
> I have tried to raise the debug level of the logon process, in
> the userenv.log the profile creation seems to work ok and ends
> with winlogon.exe so i cant get any clue in this file i think.
>
> Any tips and tricks on this are highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Henk Wieland

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi Vera,

I think the usrlogon.cmd is not executed at all. When i logon to
the desktop there minimized commandbox with usrlogon in the
header.

I haven't used the chkroot.cmd, but before it comes to this part
usrlogon1.cmd is executed and it does'nt that either.
Al my important settings for the users are set in this file,
wich i think is common practice. I could put the usrlogon1
commands on top of the usrlogon.cmd ofcourse, but i don't think
it will help because of the above.
It has something to do with the first logon process i think
because when i delete the roaming profile you should think it
woul act the same but it doesn't. When i do this most of the
time the usrlogon.cmd is executed fine. So it is really hard to
recreate the problem.

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Beta 2
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Essential correction

I think the usrlogon.cmd is not executed at all. When the
problemaccounts logon to the desktop there is no minimized
commandbox, with usrlogon in the
header.

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Beta 2
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

sreeg

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Try this. Goto regedt32 on the server to HKeyLocalmachine\Software\Microsoft\windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon\, and modify the appsetup by adding C:\winnt\system32 in front of usrlogon.cmd.
It should look like C:\Winnt\system32\UsrLogon.Cmd,cmstart.exe....

TRENDING THREADS