Toner-cartridge refilling for Epson Aculaser C1900 (also C..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
November 15, 2004 3:55:55 PM

Some time back I promised to report on my experience of refilling a
black toner cartridge for the Epson Aculaser C1900.

The aim was to halve the cost of a replacement cartridge.

The refill was obtained from www.refill-toner.co.uk

I completely emptied the original cartridge, checking that it weighed
500 grams. I followed the instructions exactly and the operation went
very simply and smoothly.

I printed 24 good copies without problems but then the cartridge
jammed.

I contacted the refill supplier about this and they couldn't have been
more apologetic, refunding my cash immediately.

I spoke to their engineer about the problem and he said that this was
a rare occurrence (about 1 in 800) and that nothing more could be done
as the jamming causes a sponge part in the cartridge to be damaged.

I was impressed with their honesty and swift readiness to compensate
me and said that I would try again. They responded by sending me
another refill kit (in addition to refunding my payment).

Disappointing technically but rewarding in a business sense.
November 19, 2009 9:38:57 PM

I never had any luck with the Drill and fill ups either, seems that there's a chip with-in that ruins it all. i now get supplies from Quikshiptoner.com, they happen to have the new ISO-9001 certified cartridges which are cheaper and way better when it comes to quality.
!