Problem with a Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi I have a Windows 2000 Domain Controler and a recently added Windows 2000
Terminal Server. After adding the TS to the domain and tring to log in to
the
domain I get the following error:

The system can not log you on due to the following error:
The RPC server is unavailable
Please try again or consult your system administrator

I get the following errors in the event log:
Source: NETLOGON
Event ID: 5788
Attempt to update HOST Service Principal Names (SPNs) of the computer object
in Active Directory failed. The updated values were '<UNAVAILABLE>' and
'<UNAVAILABLE>'. The following error occurred:
The RPC server is unavailable.

Source: NETLOGON
Event ID: 5789
Attempt to update DNS Host Name of the computer object in Active Directory
failed. The updated value was 'revesby-ts.revesby.revesby.com.au'. The
following error occurred:
The RPC server is unavailable.

Also:
Source: TermService
Event ID: 1010
The terminal services could not locate a license server. Confirm that all
license servers on the network are registered in WINS\DNS, accepting network
requests, and the Terminal Services Licensing Service is running.

Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about problem windows 2000 terminal server
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    Seems you have a DNS problem. Check if this helps:

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5788&eventno=350
    &source=NETLOGON&phase=1
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5789&eventno=343
    &source=NETLOGON&phase=1

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "itrox" <trevorwas@hotmail.com> wrote on 04 maj 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

    > Hi I have a Windows 2000 Domain Controler and a recently added
    > Windows 2000 Terminal Server. After adding the TS to the domain
    > and tring to log in to the
    > domain I get the following error:
    >
    > The system can not log you on due to the following error:
    > The RPC server is unavailable
    > Please try again or consult your system administrator
    >
    > I get the following errors in the event log:
    > Source: NETLOGON
    > Event ID: 5788
    > Attempt to update HOST Service Principal Names (SPNs) of the
    > computer object in Active Directory failed. The updated values
    > were '<UNAVAILABLE>' and '<UNAVAILABLE>'. The following error
    > occurred: The RPC server is unavailable.
    >
    > Source: NETLOGON
    > Event ID: 5789
    > Attempt to update DNS Host Name of the computer object in Active
    > Directory failed. The updated value was
    > 'revesby-ts.revesby.revesby.com.au'. The following error
    > occurred: The RPC server is unavailable.
    >
    > Also:
    > Source: TermService
    > Event ID: 1010
    > The terminal services could not locate a license server. Confirm
    > that all license servers on the network are registered in
    > WINS\DNS, accepting network requests, and the Terminal Services
    > Licensing Service is running.

    > Thanks,

Windows 2000 Terminal Server Servers Windows