Problem with a Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi I have a Windows 2000 Domain Controler and a recently added Windows 2000
Terminal Server. After adding the TS to the domain and tring to log in to
the
domain I get the following error:

The system can not log you on due to the following error:
The RPC server is unavailable
Please try again or consult your system administrator

I get the following errors in the event log:
Source: NETLOGON
Event ID: 5788
Attempt to update HOST Service Principal Names (SPNs) of the computer object
in Active Directory failed. The updated values were '<UNAVAILABLE>' and
'<UNAVAILABLE>'. The following error occurred:
The RPC server is unavailable.

Source: NETLOGON
Event ID: 5789
Attempt to update DNS Host Name of the computer object in Active Directory
failed. The updated value was 'revesby-ts.revesby.revesby.com.au'. The
following error occurred:
The RPC server is unavailable.

Also:
Source: TermService
Event ID: 1010
The terminal services could not locate a license server. Confirm that all
license servers on the network are registered in WINS\DNS, accepting network
requests, and the Terminal Services Licensing Service is running.

Thanks,

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Seems you have a DNS problem. Check if this helps:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5788&eventno=350
&source=NETLOGON&phase=1
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5789&eventno=343
&source=NETLOGON&phase=1