How do I open a .pxl file on my pc???

September 11, 2004 12:08:09 AM

HELP! I am an idiot. I dropped my pda, and the screen
broke. I have the SD card where I stored my document in,
but how do I open one of my .pxl docs??? The pda is out
for service and I really, really need to open this file!
Help!

More about : open pxl file

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 11:13:19 AM

Anyone else with a pda you know?

Talk nice to the guys in a shop (might work at the one you bought it from)
and open it there?

"c.r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP! I am an idiot. I dropped my pda, and the screen
> broke. I have the SD card where I stored my document in,
> but how do I open one of my .pxl docs??? The pda is out
> for service and I really, really need to open this file!
> Help!
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 1:21:59 PM

If you can just get to one PPC, you can open it and resave it as an .xls
from within Pocket Excel.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> Anyone else with a pda you know?
>
> Talk nice to the guys in a shop (might work at the one you bought it from)
> and open it there?
>

> "c.r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HELP! I am an idiot. I dropped my pda, and the screen
> > broke. I have the SD card where I stored my document in,
> > but how do I open one of my .pxl docs??? The pda is out
> > for service and I really, really need to open this file!
> > Help!

September 12, 2004 4:37:54 AM

You can use my program Spread32, available from
http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/, to open pxl files on your desktop PC.

"c.r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP! I am an idiot. I dropped my pda, and the screen
> broke. I have the SD card where I stored my document in,
> but how do I open one of my .pxl docs??? The pda is out
> for service and I really, really need to open this file!
> Help!
Anonymous
February 28, 2009 6:42:19 PM

Ok, after many hours today searching I found the answer to the question most of you have. I have an HP Ipaq 4700, using Windows Vista on my desktop pc so hope this helps. How do you open a pxl file?
First you have to open the file on your pda ...Excel file. Then save the file as a Excel 97 - 2000 worksheet. Since the active sync will not work with Vista you will need to doenload this program. If you have not already downloaded the Windows Mobile Device Center here is the link to it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synch... (copy and paste in address bar).

After you install this you will be able to sync all files from your pda to your pc.
!