crash

www.cox-internet.com/tazman/10AK.jpg

Downloaded Ultimate Terrian for Alaska & Canada and was buzzing around the
Anchorage, AK area to see if a few of the fields outside of town were still
"in the hole", they were, plus stumbled upon this one, 10AK, that is about
the most unique of the bunch!! One end of the runway has a wrap around
waterfall, ala Niagara, and a road crossing the other end. So if you have
"traffic" it could be a pickup, a boat, a flock of geese, etc... It would
be a good canidate for your short field skills, too - listed @ 800' long!!
I didn't take time to try today, but think I'll return with the J-3 later..
d:->))

UT is very nice BTW!

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

dallas

"CRaSH"
> Downloaded Ultimate Terrian for Alaska & Canada and was buzzing around the
> Anchorage, AK area to see if a few of the fields outside of town were
still
> "in the hole", they were

There's no new mesh with UT... :)

Varmit

crash

Dallas wrote:

> There's no new mesh with UT... :)

Yeah, thought of that later. I'd also downloaded Justin's Cordillera Canada
so probably had that in the back of my mind.. Thank [insert favorite deity]
for 200 GB HD's!!! Only 133 GB left........

How'd you like 10AK?

dallas

"CRaSH"
> How'd you like 10AK?

Haven't done that yet. Hey, what's with all this Bush scenery you're
getting, I thought you only did island hopping?

Varmit

crash

Dallas wrote:
> "CRaSH"
>> How'd you like 10AK?
>
> Haven't done that yet. Hey, what's with all this Bush scenery you're
> getting, I thought you only did island hopping?

Two favorites are island hopping and mountains. Having grown up in the
great plains and spent four years on an aircraft carrier, I can't think of
anything more boring than flying for hours over wheat fields or open water!!

Here's 10AK from the ground view, the J3 only needs ~500' of that
excessively long 800' runway.. d:->))
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/10ak_j3.jpg

Arthur

Take a flight into central British Columbia and land at Prince George,
Runway 15. There's a waterfalls (rather large one) right at the end of the
runway. I still haven't figured out why it's there but it must be......it
flows in the summer and freezes in the winter, so it must be real.

Arthur

"Arthur" wrote:

> Take a flight into central British Columbia and land at Prince George,
> Runway 15. There's a waterfalls (rather large one) right at the end of the
> runway. I still haven't figured out why it's there but it must be......it
> flows in the summer and freezes in the winter, so it must be real.

Last time I was at the airport IRL was in '93.
I don't remember any big waterfalls in the immediate area, let alone right at
the end of the runway.

I think someone at MS thinks he/she is funny.

Marcel

Dallas wrote:

> CRaSH"
>

> > Downloaded Ultimate Terrian for Alaska & Canada and was buzzing
around the
> > Anchorage, AK area to see if a few of the fields outside of town
were
> > still "in the hole", they were
> >

> There's no new mesh with UT... :)

Actually, mesh does not correct the sunken airport or airports on a
mesa. Airport elevation is contained within a different scenery file
and it is these that need to be adjusted, not the mesh files.

--
Peter
(via Google)

I do not see any waterfall at the end of Rwy 15, must be part of addon
scenery.

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:35:10 GMT, Wim Dijkgraaf wrote:

> I do not see any waterfall at the end of Rwy 15, must be part of addon
> scenery.

Actually it's at the end of 33, which means you'll see it if you approach
15.

--

Marcel
(Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?

crash

Marcel Kuijper wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:35:10 GMT, Wim Dijkgraaf wrote:
>
>> I do not see any waterfall at the end of Rwy 15, must be part of
>> addon scenery.
>
> Actually it's at the end of 33, which means you'll see it if you
> approach
> 15.

You guys been smelling too much avgas? I just landed on R-15 ten minutes
ago, and the only water in sight was a liitle pond on the fields n/e
boundry...
Hasn't anybody told the canuck's it's spring - what's with all that white
stuff??

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

Arthur

If you're talking about Prince George B.C., it's still fairly cold up there
with snow everywhere. If you're talking about Southern Ontario, there's no
snow here although we had a snowstorm last weekend. All of it melted and
the weather is finally beginning to be more like spring.

Regarding Runways 15-33 at Prince George, I apologize for the confusion. I
was trying to remember which end of the runway had the waterfall, and in a
senior moment, forgot of course. One day, I'll learn how to post
screenshots realizing that a picture is worth a thousand of my meandering
words.

Remember Don, you have to be nice to us Canucks.......we're very close to
being your 51st state, although your president is going to make you show a
passport to get back in to the states if you ever dare visit us. Go figure.

Arthur

"Arthur" wrote:

> Remember Don, you have to be nice to us Canucks.......we're very close to
> being your 51st state, although your president is going to make you show a
> passport to get back in to the states if you ever dare visit us. Go figure.

I don't know one Canuck that will allow that to happen without a fight.
If anything the US should become a province. :)

Marcel

crash

Arthur wrote:

> Remember Don, you have to be nice to us Canucks.......

Actually each of my parents had a set of Canuck grandparents. One founded a
town down in Florida in the 1800's, "Parker", now a suburb of Panama City,
before there were even roads or railroads in that area, everything came in
by boat. The other ended up in Nebraska after migrating down from Dundas
County, Canada, which I think is in Ontario near the NY border.. How bout
that, ehhhh??

Arthur

I guess you don't know many Canucks, Marcel. We don't fight. We negotiate.
: )
I think it's a better idea anyway, considering the entire population of
Canada would fit neatly into California without one toe dangling over a
border and the Canadian military has fewer personnel than the NYPD.

These aren't bad things. We just prefer quality over quantity : )

Arthur

"Zoepetier" <zoepetier@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Arthur" wrote:
>
>> Remember Don, you have to be nice to us Canucks.......we're very close to
>> being your 51st state, although your president is going to make you show
>> passport to get back in to the states if you ever dare visit us. Go
>> figure.
>
> I don't know one Canuck that will allow that to happen without a fight.
> If anything the US should become a province. :)
>

> Marcel

Arthur

You are indeed a quality product, Don.

> Arthur wrote:
>>
>> Remember Don, you have to be nice to us Canucks.......
>
> Actually each of my parents had a set of Canuck grandparents. One founded
> a town down in Florida in the 1800's, "Parker", now a suburb of Panama
> City, before there were even roads or railroads in that area, everything
> came in by boat. The other ended up in Nebraska after migrating down from
> Dundas County, Canada, which I think is in Ontario near the NY border..
> How bout that, ehhhh??

crash

Dallas wrote:
> "CRaSH"
>> www.cox-internet.com/tazman/10ak_j3.jpg
>
> It looks like a tsunami coming in back there. :)

Man - couldn't you just imagine being in Indonesia on some coastal strip,
about ready to take off, look over your shoulder and see something like
that!!
Have to tell the wife to hop out and push for some extra starting power,
then throw a life vest out just before lift off.... d:->))

That was a joke dear! Honey, put down that brass book
end!.........................

crash

Arthur wrote:
> Look behind you, Crash........you just flew over the waterfalls! How
> did you miss seeing it???

www.cox-internet.com/tazman/princegeorge2.jpg

How many miles behind me??? You and Studmuffin sharing pipes? d:->))

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:23:29 -0400, Arthur wrote:

> I guess you don't know many Canucks, Marcel. We don't fight. We negotiate.
> : )

I forgot about that. I forgot that Canadians were too damn polite!
Except when they're on ice. :)

> I think it's a better idea anyway, considering the entire population of
> Canada would fit neatly into California without one toe dangling over a
> border and the Canadian military has fewer personnel than the NYPD.

Yet the entire Canadian population has more shotguns than the entire US
Army has bullets. Where would they store them? :)

> These aren't bad things. We just prefer quality over quantity : )

I know. That's why the country is so clean. If one wants fresh air, they
have to go to Canada.

--

Marcel
(Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Zoepetier wrote:

> "Arthur" wrote:
>

>>Remember Don, you have to be nice to us Canucks.......we're very close to
>>being your 51st state, although your president is going to make you show a
>>passport to get back in to the states if you ever dare visit us. Go figure.
>

> I don't know one Canuck that will allow that to happen without a fight.
> If anything the US should become a province. :)
>

> Marcel

At least as a province the elderly and children would have medical
insurance.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

crash

boB wrote:

> At least as a province the elderly and children would have medical
> insurance.

Right now if you're poor, Medicaid picks up the bills, if you're upper class
you can afford it, but the middle class, without a company plan, is SCREWED!

Arthur

Hmmmmm........that's interesting. Where I have a waterfall, you have a hill
and trees. There can only be one solution to this dilemma since I don't
know anyone who lives in Prince George:

Soooooooooo, meet you there in an hour and we'll find out for sure. If you
land short and get soaked, you can buy me a hot choklit. : )

Arthur wrote:
> Hmmmmm........that's interesting. Where I have a waterfall, you have
> a hill and trees. There can only be one solution to this dilemma

Ultimate Terrian and/or FSG new Canada mesh may have put things in proper
order..??..

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:04:00 GMT, boB wrote:

> At least as a province the elderly and children would have medical
> insurance.

Hey...that's just like here in Holland.

--

Marcel
(Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)