Using TSE with Windows Server 2003 Standard

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 21, 2005 12:28:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi,

I buy Windows Server 2003 licence for 5 clients.

Does anyone can explain me what kind of client i have, i need Terminal
Server, witch upgrade i need to buy to have it ?

Regards
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:28:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question, but this is what
you need to do:

1. Install Terminal Services on your server (Add/Remove programs -
Add Windows components - Terminal Services). No upgrade is needed.
Terminal Services is part of the core OS.
2. You need to install and activate a TS Licensing Server
3. You need to buy Terminal Services Client Access Licenses (TS CALs)
for every user or computer who connects to the Terminal Server. Note
that the 5 Client Access Licenses that came with the server are *not*
TS CALs, they are normal CALs, needed for authentication, file and
print services, and so on
4. You need to install the Remote Desktop Client on every computer
from which you want to connect to the terminal Server. On a XP
client, this is already pre-installed. For all other Windows clients,
you can download the RDP client here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...
d48d-426e-96c2-08aa2bd23a49&displaylang=en

Feel free to post again if this doesn't answer your question.

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

!