Start Menu Shortcuts (OE, Address Book, Media Player)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

No doubt this must be a common problem with configuring terminal servers but
I can't find anything on technet or google.

How do I prevent the following shortcuts appearing on the start menu >
programs, when users login :-

Outlook Express
Address Book
Media Player

I have looked in All Users and Default Users but they aern't there? Where
are they?

Thanks VERY much,
Glen.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

the easy way is to hide them in the profile/default profile..

That way they wont be shown, but they are still there so you wont have
windows trying to recreaet them either.

This also goes for application-folders of all sorts, simply hide the files
and folders
and they will be out of the users reach :)

--
best regards

René "LamerSmurf" Vester
CCA PS 3.0

"Glen Harrison" <glenharrison@jacksonbc.co.uk> wrote in message
> No doubt this must be a common problem with configuring terminal servers
> but I can't find anything on technet or google.
>
> How do I prevent the following shortcuts appearing on the start menu >
> programs, when users login :-
>
> Outlook Express
> Address Book
> Media Player
>
> I have looked in All Users and Default Users but they aern't there? Where
> are they?
>
> Thanks VERY much,
> Glen.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Those icons aern't in the default profile. They only appear when a user
logs in.

I guess what you're saying, is that I hide them for each and every user
after they have logged in for the first time.

It's a shame I can't just hide them once in a global location and have done
with it.

Thanks,
Glen.
"René Vester" <rene@stibo.com> wrote in message
> the easy way is to hide them in the profile/default profile..
>
> That way they wont be shown, but they are still there so you wont have
> windows trying to recreaet them either.
>
> This also goes for application-folders of all sorts, simply hide the files
> and folders
> and they will be out of the users reach :)
>

> --
> best regards
>
> René "LamerSmurf" Vester
> CCA PS 3.0
>

> "Glen Harrison" <glenharrison@jacksonbc.co.uk> wrote in message
>> No doubt this must be a common problem with configuring terminal servers
>> but I can't find anything on technet or google.
>>
>> How do I prevent the following shortcuts appearing on the start menu >
>> programs, when users login :-
>>
>> Outlook Express
>> Address Book
>> Media Player
>>
>> I have looked in All Users and Default Users but they aern't there?
>> Where are they?
>>
>> Thanks VERY much,
>> Glen.

TRENDING THREADS