Print gets stuck in print queue

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi,

I have a problem with a Win2003 SP1 TS.
The local client printer (HP LaserJet 1020) is redirected to the TS session,
and I can print to it - it seems...
On the client pc (WinXP Pro SP2) however, the print gets stuck in the
(local) queue and wont print.
No errors in any logs.

Can anyone help me?

/LH
4 answers Last reply
More about print stuck print queue
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    That's because the HP LaserJet 1020 is not supported in a Terminal
    Services environment.
    Documented here:

    HP Color LaserJet, LaserJet, All-in-One, and Multi-Function Series
    Products - HP Printers Supported in Citrix MetaFrame Presentation and
    Terminal Server Environments
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?
    objectID=c00213455&locale=en_US&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=410622
    &prodTypeId=18972

    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    "Lars Hulbæk" <lars ** no spam ** @hulbaek.com> wrote on 06 jul
    2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with a Win2003 SP1 TS.
    > The local client printer (HP LaserJet 1020) is redirected to the
    > TS session, and I can print to it - it seems...
    > On the client pc (WinXP Pro SP2) however, the print gets stuck
    > in the (local) queue and wont print.
    > No errors in any logs.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?
    >
    > /LH
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    > That's because the HP LaserJet 1020 is not supported in a Terminal
    > Services environment.

    I see your point, but I also have an old DeskJet 720 C (witch isn't
    supported either) and that works fine...

    Do you know if there is a problem with USB connected printers (my LaserJet
    1020 uses USB and my DeskJet 720C uses the good old parallel port).

    /LH
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    The fact that unsupported print XXX until now hasn't crashed your
    print spooler yet does not mean that unsupported printer YYY should
    work correctly (nor that printer XXX should not start to crash your
    print spooler for no apparent reason).

    That the HP DeskJet 720C printer works on TS with its own driver is
    also documented here:

    Client Printer Autocreation Matrix
    http://www.printingsupport.com/matrix.htm

    But there is no known mapping for the HP LaserJet 1020.

    About the USB connection: no, that doesn't play a role here.
    USB connected printers are fully supported.
    The only issue regarding ports is with some HP printer models which
    create thir own custom port, called DOT4. But if that was your
    problem, your printer would not be redirected at all.

    "Lars Hulbæk" <lars ** no spam ** @hulbaek.com> wrote on 07 jul
    2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

    >> That's because the HP LaserJet 1020 is not supported in a
    >> Terminal Services environment.
    >
    > I see your point, but I also have an old DeskJet 720 C (witch
    > isn't supported either) and that works fine...
    >
    > Do you know if there is a problem with USB connected printers
    > (my LaserJet 1020 uses USB and my DeskJet 720C uses the good old
    > parallel port).
    >
    > /LH
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    Thank you for your help !

    /LH

Hewlett Packard Microsoft Windows