TS Client - How Secure?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Question, How secure is the TS client (Remote Desktop Connection from
WinXP)? Can you make it reasonably secure? I have run sessions through
VPNs but I am wondering if that is necessary?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

"Un1c0rn" <un1c0rn(S p_am Ki_ll_er)@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Question, How secure is the TS client (Remote Desktop Connection from
> WinXP)? Can you make it reasonably secure? I have run sessions through
> VPNs but I am wondering if that is necessary?
>
> Any info would be appreciated.

Encryption. RDP uses RSA Security's RC4 cipher, a stream cipher designed to
efficiently encrypt small amounts of data. RC4 is designed for secure
communications over networks. Beginning with Windows 2000, administrators can
choose to encrypt data using a 56- or 128-bit key.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/termserv/termserv/remote_desktop_protocol.asp