Appling Group Policies for Users only on Terminal Server

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I have a Win2k3 server running application mode. I used Group Policies to
lock down a terminal server with great success BUT it was with the use of
thin client (no desktops). I have a client that wants me to setup Terminal
server but they want to keep desktops... my problem is if I create a group
policy it will roll out to the network users locking down the users desktops
as well as the term server. IS there a way to apply machine and user group
policy on only one machine (term server).

- thanks in advance
rob

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi,

you can use local policies otr move the specific server to a single OU and
apply the GPO only to this OU.

Regards
Thorsten Schmitt

"Rob" <temp@dstek.com> wrote in message
>I have a Win2k3 server running application mode. I used Group Policies to
> lock down a terminal server with great success BUT it was with the use of
> thin client (no desktops). I have a client that wants me to setup
> Terminal
> server but they want to keep desktops... my problem is if I create a group
> policy it will roll out to the network users locking down the users
> desktops
> as well as the term server. IS there a way to apply machine and user
> group
> policy on only one machine (term server).
>
> - thanks in advance
> rob

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Use GPMC to set up Security filtering. This way, you can apply a GPOs to
specific servers (or any other object.) GPMC can be downloaded from
Microsofts web site.

Regards
Morten Frederiksen