How do I see the temperature of my cpu?

funnyvlad

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Hi this may be a dumb question but I´m going to ask anyway.

I have installed Speedfan(424) and the program seems to work ok.

A lot of temperature is measured and I can recognise the gpu cause I use Gigabytes Vtuner frequently but the cpu is harder cause speedfan lists(beginning from the top):

temp1 24-26 Celsius
temp2 -55 Celsius
temp3 23-26 C

this figures are shown about 30 minutes after I turn on the cpu

23-25 C sound very low for a cpu. I have though a zalman heatsink on top over a Intel P4 2,4Ghz(533fsb) socket 478

My motherboard is a Soltek SL-85DRV4-C

55 Celsius sound too high though.

Which is it?

A pic of my heatsink:

http://www.modthebox.com/reviews/zalman/cnps6500b/zalman4_new.jpg

funnyvlad

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
I have already checked the bios for temperature and I didnt see any specific cpu temp.

I have played cs source for 10 minutes and afterwards the figures was

temp1 33C
temp2 -55C
temp3 40C

Can I read something from this? Cs source is a cpuheavy game.

funnyvlad

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
I´ve tried PC wizard 1.66(10 minutes ago) and according to that program my cpu was about 27 degrees C idle. Very low and if it´s correct then I don´t have to worry. I will upgrade my 2,4Ghz to 2,8 in a couple of days and the heat will be higher but with a help from the zalman heatsink and arctic silver 5 thermal paste seems to do the job properly.

I have to say that during the 3 years and 2 months I have had the computer I have never had any problem with my cpu(never overclocked though) and the reason I was a bit worried was cause I took out the cpu for checking if the upgrade will cause some problem. When I did that I had to whipe off the old remainings of the thermal paste and put a new one and ´cause I have never done that I was worried about the heat issue.

Thanks for your tips. Very helpful

PS I´m from Sweden and we use Celsius here and I´m not familiar with Fahrenheit.