Toshiba e800 and WEP?

September 11, 2004 6:28:56 PM

Hi group,
I am having trouble connecting my e800 to the internet via my wifi
network/internet connection. All works fine until I try to put WEP
encryption on. Then I am unable to connect to the internet or start MSN
Mesenger. I have tried both 64 and 128 bit encryption and have very
carefully checked the passphrase. I am now out of ideas, any one got any
suggestions??

Cheers

Speck

---

More about : toshiba e800 wep

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 11:55:47 PM

"Speck" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> Hi group,
I have tried both 64 and 128 bit encryption and have very
> carefully checked the passphrase. > Cheers
>
> Speck

Speck,
Windows Mobile 2003 doesn't accept the passphrase for
encryption, you must use the hex key on your device.

rights...
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 12:36:52 PM

I only have a passphrase, how do I get the hex code out of that?
Apologies but very new to this!
Also, upon further investigation, I note that my Belkin router software has
an option to set WEP automatically or manually. The automatic method is by
the use of a passphrase. The manual option is the one that I think generates
this hex code. However, it seems to generate 13 pairs of numbers which don't
seem right to enter into the single "WEP KEY" box on my PPC. Also, they are
blocked out so I cannot see them any way.
I may be acting dumb here but I really would appreciate some help!

Many thanks.

"Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:u$U0vrFmEHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> "Speck" <me@home.com> wrote in message
>> Hi group,
> I have tried both 64 and 128 bit encryption and have very
>> carefully checked the passphrase. > Cheers
>>
>> Speck
>
> Speck,
> Windows Mobile 2003 doesn't accept the passphrase for
> encryption, you must use the hex key on your device.
>
> --
> Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

> rights...

---