Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition having problems fin..

DC

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

So Ive got two servers, Both machines are running win2003 server sp1

1. a windows 2003 server that runs the TS licencing service and has been
doing so quite happily for over a year now.

2. A windows 2003 Enterprise Edition server which is going to be the
first node in a fialover cluster, except it cannot and will not find the
licencing server.

So far ive tried direct connect, hacked the registry on the Enterprise
Edition server to look streight at the TS licencing server but to no
avail. Ive even set up a separate licencing server on the windows 2003
Enterprise Edition and it wont even discover itself as a TS licencing
server, I get the rather unhelpful "Windows cannot connect to a
licencing server" message.

Oh yeah, I also thought that maybe it was a glitchy install on the new
server so reinstalled from scratch, thai made no difference whatsoever,
my windows 2003 Enterprise Edition server still refuses to see my
Licencing server.

None of the online documentation is of any help, apparently it should be
working fine.

Has anyone got any ideas of where to go next? Im at a loss.

DC

"You can not reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason"

"Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice."

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is
never sure." Segal's Law

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Which one of your servers is the DC (if any)?
In which role did you install the Licensing Service: Entreprise or
Domain? Are both of your server in the same domain and site?

895151 - Windows Server 2003-based or Windows 2000-based terminal
servers do not automatically discover a license server that is
designated as an enterprise license server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895151

Note that all of the above should be fixed by hardcoding the name
of the LS into the registry of the TS.

Can you doublecheck that you used the correct registry entry:
279561 - How to Override the License Server Discovery Process in
Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279561

I would also run lsview and lsreport from the Resource Kit.

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

DC <sws99dsc@rdg.ac.uk> wrote on 24 aug 2005 in