Free VPN clients?

Last response: in Networking
May 25, 2004 11:15:07 PM

Are there any free or inexpensive VPN clients out there that support IPSEC
and can communicate with a VPN router?

I know there is an open source VPN server but what about clients?

More about : free vpn clients

Anonymous
June 1, 2004 1:43:09 PM

"Yair Sageev" <geekyheeb-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Are there any free or inexpensive VPN clients out there that support IPSEC
> and can communicate with a VPN router?
>
> I know there is an open source VPN server but what about clients?

Not that I know of. We use Sentinel v1.4 but its not free.
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 3:10:16 PM

> Are there any free or inexpensive VPN clients out there that support
IPSEC
> and can communicate with a VPN router?
>
> I know there is an open source VPN server but what about clients?

There is a VPN-Client called VPNC. It is developed at the University of
Kaiserslautern (www.uni-kl.de). You can find the sources at debian, in the
unstable-branch.
I have good experiences with that program. But some features are still
missing, I think in future releases it is becoming a good tool.

Jennifer
!