Terminal Services Licensing.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I have installed Terminal Server with an open license for 5 CALs. However,
Terminal Services Licensing shows that 2 temporary device tokens were issued
and 0 client tokens were issued - but 5 are available.
Please help!
Susan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Are you running Windows 2003 on the terminal Server?
Did you buy and install Per User TS CALs?

If so, is the Terminal Server (not the Licensing Server!) set to
use "Per User" licensing? The default is "Per Device".
You can check this from Administrative Tools - Terminal Services
Configuration - Server Settings - Licensing Mode
If it's set to Per Device mode, it will look for a Device TS CAL
and will not issue your Per User TS CALs.

Check this article, it explains that even after you have
switched licensing mode on the TS, your Per User TS CAL count will
not be decremented:

822134 - The Function of Terminal Server CALs in Windows Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822134

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"=?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW5BZG1pbg==?="
<SusanAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 13 sep 2005 in