Cyberpower used SATA instead of NVRAID SATA

viperxoc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Hi,

When I recieved my new computer from Cyberpower I noticed that when they set up my RAID 0 Array they used Banks 3 and 4 of the SATA connectors instead of the NVRAID SATA. I don't understand why they would do this. What am I missing because of it? If I move the array I will lose all of my data correct?

Thanks,

Asus SLI-Premuim
AMD X2 64 4600
2 Gigs of RAM
(2) 250 Gig HD in a RAID 0
(2) EvGa 7800 GT (SLI)
SB X-FI Platnum
5.1 Speakers
16X DVD
Sony 52X32X52 CDRW
19 Inch CRT

laitainion

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Your motherboard is an nforce 4 board (I looked it up on the Asus site) which means it has 4 SATA ports on the noforce controller, 4 on the SI controller, you'll have to check in the manual which ports are attached to which controller.

Although logically, the nforce ports are the ports 1-4, either way, and it's not a huge issue even if your hard drives are on the other controller. Particularly as you would lose all your data if you tried to move the drives over to the nvRaid as they only support migrating raid arrays between other nvraid controllers (all nforce 3 MCPs and up).

FlyGuy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
I believe the SI controller is only marginally slower than the nvraid setup but I don't have anything to back it up :)