2K3-Terminal server License device > user

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi all,

we got overhere a 2k3 ts license server. And the engineer before me
installed a couple of device calls on this server. Now i gonna change the
modus of this ls server from device to user. No big deal, but how do i change
the license type of the calls from device to user.
1 answer Last reply
More about terminal server license device user
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    You can only do this by calling the Clearinghouse and ask them to
    issue new licenses.
    Note that switching is only allowed if you have Software Assurance.

    Windows Server 2003 Pricing and Licensing FAQ
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/pricl
    icfaq.mspx

    Q. Will I be allowed to switch between Windows Device CALs and
    Windows User CALs? What about TS CALs?

    A. If your Windows CALs are covered under Software Assurance (SA),
    you have a one-time right to convert Device CALs to User CALs mid-
    contract. You can also convert those Windows CALs from Device CALs
    to User CALs, or vice versa, when you renew your SA contract. If
    your Windows CALs are not covered under SA, you may not switch;
    your choice is permanent. This also applies to TS CALs.

    Vera Noest
    TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    "=?Utf-8?B?QW5keUg=?=" <AndyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
    20 sep 2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > we got overhere a 2k3 ts license server. And the engineer before
    > me installed a couple of device calls on this server. Now i
    > gonna change the modus of this ls server from device to user. No
    > big deal, but how do i change the license type of the calls from
    > device to user.

Devices License Terminal Server Servers Windows