W 95 System Error Help?

I keep getting a DOS error 'Windows protection Error You need to
restart your system'? Keeps happing? Anyone know how to fix this
problem? When I try to reboot system want's to come up in Safe mode?
Any help will be appreciated
Thank you

Let it start in Safe Mode, then follow the procedure here to do a clean boot, to try to determine what is causing the problem:

How to Perform Clean-Boot Troubleshooting for Windows 98
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=192926

"CLEAN BOOT -- What it is and why you need it." by MS MVP Gary Terhune
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=%23q4I1qNODHA.2096%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx..gbl
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

<bchcomer2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ida870dakfd9bdneku61q2hl9i9b9voho9@4ax.com...
> I keep getting a DOS error 'Windows protection Error You need to
> restart your system'? Keeps happing? Anyone know how to fix this
> problem? When I try to reboot system want's to come up in Safe mode?
> Any help will be appreciated
> Thank you

Your instructions are for W98? Can they also be used for W95?
Thank you

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:12:49 -0400, "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com>
wrote:

>Let it start in Safe Mode, then follow the procedure here to do a clean boot, to try to determine what is causing the problem:
>
>How to Perform Clean-Boot Troubleshooting for Windows 98
>http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=192926
>
>"CLEAN BOOT -- What it is and why you need it." by MS MVP Gary Terhune
>http://www.google.com/groups?selm=%23q4I1qNODHA.2096%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl

<sigh> I forgot I was in a Win95 group.
No, there is no easy way to do a clean boot in Win95, as there is no System Configuration Utility (msconfig.exe) in Win95....although msconfig.exe from Win98 will work in Win95 also, if added to the Windows folder.

Does the system start in Safe Mode?
If so, follow the procedures here -
Troubleshooting Windows 95 Using Safe Mode:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=156126

How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=149962

You can also try a Step-by-Step Confirmation boot, to try and determine what is causing the error....often it is a driver problem.
Using Microsoft Windows' Startup Modes For Troubleshooting:
http://www.rlrouse.com/windows-startup-modes.html

Did you add or change something just prior to this happening?