FACEBASH

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Well looking at the baord i would have to guess its not 3x16 but , rather 2 slots for sli mode and 1 slot for a single pcx card.... im pretty sure thats it as i dont see any otehr "chips" on board to change modes of the slots.. like on my SLI deluxe for instance...

Cheers

mpjesse

Splendid
Yeah, the 3rd one would be used for SATA RAID or SCSI cards. I'm not aware of any PCI 16x form factor RAID controllers right now, but I'm sure there will be some eventually. (i think the biggest right now is a PCI-e 8x card made by Areca which has to operate in a PCI-e 16x slot 'cause no one makes a board w/ PCI-e 8x slots)

And like someone else said, if you had all 3 slots occupied, the 3rd (or middle yellow) is only going to operate at 4x.

It's nice to see a board maker offering this.

-mpjesse

ardisian

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
it's crap, throw it away

the yellow one is for a single card. two cards go in the green ones cause the mobo is not good enough to change buses.

Loup Garou

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Lets set this straith.

Obviously some of you did no bother to follow the link I posted earlier.

Here it is again:
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2506

I am going to quote from the article:

The middle x16PCIe slot, colored yellow, is a single x16 PCIe slot.
For single video, you use the yellow x16 slot.

For dual video or SLI, you use the green slots (Outside two X8 PCI e Slots)

That is the only explanation.

ardisian

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
Lets set this straith.

Obviously some of you did no bother to follow the link I posted earlier.

Here it is again:
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2506

I am going to quote from the article:

The middle x16PCIe slot, colored yellow, is a single x16 PCIe slot.
For single video, you use the yellow x16 slot.

For dual video or SLI, you use the green slots (Outside two X8 PCI e Slots)

That is the only explanation.

yeah listen to this guy, DERRRR (retard hand movement). if people would read or use basic pc knowledge you'd know what it is at a glance or two. arigato

ardisian

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
1. you are retarded. 2. go kill yourself 3.go look at the site already and READ WHAT IT REALLY IS!!! DER-DERDERRRR

Loup Garou

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
"yeah listen to this guy, DERRRR (retard hand movement). if people would read or use basic pc knowledge you'd know what it is at a glance or two. arigato[/quote]

Lets not get personal now. I dont think this configuration is common. I had never heard of this before. So I looked it up and shared the info.

Mike

ardisian

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
well, if you somehow fit a card in such a small place between the two video cards, go for it.

also are you sure you aren't mistaking the slot for the pciE x4 slot above them all?

Loup Garou

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
What the review didn't say is that when SLI is in use the middle PCI 16x slot operates at a slower speed and can still be used.

Once you got 2 videdo cards in there, I dont think you would be able to fit a third card in the centre slot.

If you use a single video card then I woud say, maybe, one small X8 card would fit.

Just a thought

mpjesse

Splendid
Yes, we're sure. No motherboard can do a full 16x on 3 slots at the same time. There are motherboards that do 2 slots @ a full 16x (like the Asus A8N-32 SLI), but not 3.

If all the 3 slots were occupied, the 2 sli slots would be divided into 8x bandwidth and the middle yellow slot would drop down to a lower speed, like 1x or 4x depending on the card occupying the other slots.

PCI-e divides bandwidth.

-mpjesse