Audio Driver Problems

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 9, 2004 11:09:59 PM

I have an old computer with Windows 95 operating system.
It was in storage for several months while we moved and
now I'm trying to get it set up again for my kids to play
games on. Everything is fine, except it won't maintain
the Audio Drivers. They load okay and everything is fine
until I turn the computer off. When I reboot, I have to
load the audio drives again. Video Drivers and
everything else seem fine. Just a minor problem, but
it's getting annoying.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

More about : audio driver problems

April 16, 2004 5:11:29 PM

Since the computer has been in storage, there is a
possibility that the sound card may have work a little
loose. Open up the PC remove the sound card and take an
ordinary pencil eraser and clean the gold contacts at the
bottom of the card. Reseat the card and try reinstalling
the drivers. Also while you have it open, take a can of
compressed air and blow out all the dust bunnies. Good
luck.

!