Audio Driver Problems

I have an old computer with Windows 95 operating system.
It was in storage for several months while we moved and
now I'm trying to get it set up again for my kids to play
games on. Everything is fine, except it won't maintain
the Audio Drivers. They load okay and everything is fine
until I turn the computer off. When I reboot, I have to
load the audio drives again. Video Drivers and
everything else seem fine. Just a minor problem, but
it's getting annoying.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about audio driver problems

    Since the computer has been in storage, there is a
    possibility that the sound card may have work a little
    loose. Open up the PC remove the sound card and take an
    ordinary pencil eraser and clean the gold contacts at the
    bottom of the card. Reseat the card and try reinstalling
    the drivers. Also while you have it open, take a can of
    compressed air and blow out all the dust bunnies. Good
    luck.

Audio Computers Windows