I'll try and be brief. I need to spec a colour laser (or laser
quality) printer for a remote site that uses MS Terminal Server over a
512kb link.

They already use a HP colour LaserJet 4550dn, which prints at 4ppm,
but I think realistically, they get lower speeds than this.

Am I right in thinking that typical applications send the job for each
copy required, so if I print 5 copies, of a 1MB print job, I end up
putting 5MB down my 512k link? I know some printers just send the
data, and then the printer builds up that job and handles repeat
copies (so on the previous example, only 1MB goes down the link).

I accept I may be wrong on the above point (in fact, I hope I am
wrong!)

This site need to be able to produce their own mailshots, letters,
flyers, etc., we have mainly MS users, but one Mac user too.

Our company normally opt for HP printers, but I would consider any
others - one particular printer I seem to like, is the Xerox Phaser
range. If I can lower the TCO and improve the print speed (some newer
printers offer 30ppm colour, and I would like to realistically get
this figure), then all the better.

Cheers,
Mat G
Birmingham, UK.

Please reply to group.

In message <4d46a596.0411160323.5466d1ca@posting.google.com>, Mat G
<djmg2@lycos.co.uk> writes

>Our company normally opt for HP printers, but I would consider any
>others - one particular printer I seem to like, is the Xerox Phaser
>range. If I can lower the TCO and improve the print speed (some newer
>printers offer 30ppm colour, and I would like to realistically get
>this figure), then all the better.

I have a Phaser (of the solid ink variety) and it is fine for my use, it
is also really easy to add ink. You might want to consider looking at
Kyocera, some of their printers need less user intervention, which may
be a consideration, and seem to have low total usage.

--
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
tlatwightpropertydotcom

TRENDING THREADS