Sign in with
Your question

My windows 7 64 bit freezes daily.

Last response: in Windows 7
March 21, 2011 1:06:24 PM

It was doing this once before, but this time there is no BSOD. My system is biostar TH55b hd mobo, Asus ATI 5450 HD Graphics, 4 gigs ram, and several hundred gigs oh hd space. The description of the issue is that my pc freezes daily without any specific messages. Wish I could give you a better desription. This is a fresh reinstall of the os. Also there isn't any bluescreen hence there's no dump file, atleast that I know of. Can anyone point me in a direction?
March 22, 2011 2:40:49 AM

Ok this might help you and me find the problem.

Go to control panel -> administrative tools - > Event viewer. Look for any critical errors

Post back the results.
a b $ Windows 7
March 22, 2011 3:10:11 AM

Power Supply, or bad capacitors on the motherboard.
Related resources
March 22, 2011 3:20:29 AM

Why would the pc freeze if the power supply was bad, wouldn't it just shut down?
a b $ Windows 7
March 22, 2011 3:49:01 AM

Check your hdd for errors and run diagnostic software for your hd from the manufacturer's website.
sfc/scannow of hd in safemode for missing or corrupt files.
March 23, 2011 6:09:50 AM

Event viewer says critical error "Kernal Power". WHat is this? Thank you all for replying.
April 2, 2011 1:49:47 PM

I still haven't fixed this problem. Also, sometime s it freezes and the light under my optical mouse goes out. I never get a blue screen of death the system just freezes.
April 4, 2011 5:05:08 PM

I shut down most background programs, and I also restored to a system restore date that was prior to recieving the freezes. Sadly the computer then start refreezing but with much more frequency. I bought another copy and it installed flawless. It's been on for a day straight and no freezes. I think i was a victim of fraud where someone took a windows beta copy and inserted a bootloader. Looks very geniune and it said activated, it also updated, but alast it wasn't. Someone used a lightscribe burner to write on the dvd to make it look legit. This cost me major dollars, so beware of scams. You are not immune on ebay. :ouch: 
April 4, 2011 9:01:31 PM

Definitely... They told me OEM was issued to system manufacturers and no serial was needed. NOTE: Microsoft said a serial\CDkey is always needed. If it's an oem version then it should be in the enclosed material or on the machine itself. Be warned. Thanx everyone. Moderator... "Close this thread." :)  Oops did I put, "Problem Solved."
!