IE 5.5 /download

Anyone know of a place to download an IE version 5.0 or newer w/outlook
express .... cannot install from a CDrom drive doesn't work so that
option is out . It's my sons computer(12 yr old) and he really misses
being able to check his hotmail thru outlook express . I saved the set
up program from an earlier reinstall but it insists on connecting and
downloading more files .......starts the downloads then quits and says
files can't be found ....... any help would be appreciated ....
6 answers Last reply
More about download

    Plugger <Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote in message news:407AC8D0.2CC8@netscape.net...
    > Anyone know of a place to download an IE version 5.0 or newer w/outlook
    > express .... cannot install from a CDrom drive doesn't work so that
    > option is out . It's my sons computer(12 yr old) and he really misses
    > being able to check his hotmail thru outlook express . I saved the set
    > up program from an earlier reinstall but it insists on connecting and
    > downloading more files .......starts the downloads then quits and says
    > files can't be found ....... any help would be appreciated ....

    http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/5.5_SP2

    For IE 5.01 SP2, download
    http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/ie501sp2/x86/en/ie5setup.exe
    to a floppy. Copy and paste the following text to Notepad and save it to
    the floppy as "a:\iebatch.txt". Put the floppy in the target computer, then
    find and double-click the "a:\ie5setup.exe" file. A reboot will be required.

    [DownloadSite]
    Display=0
    DownloadLocation="http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/ie501sp2/x86/en"
    [Custom]
    SetupMode=1
    [Reboot]
    Reboot=0
    [End]

    Ben

    "Plugger" <Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote in message news:407AC8D0.2CC8@netscape.net...
    > Anyone know of a place to download an IE version 5.0 or newer w/outlook
    > express .... cannot install from a CDrom drive doesn't work so that
    > option is out . It's my sons computer(12 yr old) and he really misses
    > being able to check his hotmail thru outlook express . I saved the set
    > up program from an earlier reinstall but it insists on connecting and
    > downloading more files .......starts the downloads then quits and says
    > files can't be found ....... any help would be appreciated ....
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Old IE versions.
    http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/
    http://www.greenapple.com/access/software/custom-browsers/default.htm

    For IE5.5 SP2, you can get a CD here for $2.99
    http://on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, Plugger
    <Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Anyone know of a place to download an IE version 5.0 or newer w/outlook
    >express .... cannot install from a CDrom drive doesn't work so that
    >option is out . It's my sons computer(12 yr old) and he really misses
    >being able to check his hotmail thru outlook express . I saved the set
    >up program from an earlier reinstall but it insists on connecting and
    >downloading more files .......starts the downloads then quits and says
    >files can't be found ....... any help would be appreciated ....
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Hugh , Allen & Ben ....... i appreciate your help ..... downloaded and
    installed fine .... Everything is working well . Still getting page
    faults in IE(which is why i deleted it in the first place) .... Seems to
    be primarily on ".net" websites ...... prior to deleting my previous IE
    the homepage was taken over by a search page ... always made itself my
    homepage .... the HTTP was many letters numbers & %%% signs ... any help
    here would be greatly appreciated ....... My son thanks everyone for
    getting his outlook express back .....
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Plugger <Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote in message news:407ED1D9.3E2E@netscape.net...
    > Hugh , Allen & Ben ....... i appreciate your help ..... downloaded and
    > installed fine .... Everything is working well . Still getting page
    > faults in IE(which is why i deleted it in the first place) .... Seems to
    > be primarily on ".net" websites ...... prior to deleting my previous IE
    > the homepage was taken over by a search page ... always made itself my
    > homepage .... the HTTP was many letters numbers & %%% signs ... any help
    > here would be greatly appreciated ....... My son thanks everyone for
    > getting his outlook express back .....

    http://www.geekgirls.com/net_hijacked.htm
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Update your anti-virus app and then run a full-system virus scan.

    Read here:
    Dealing with Hijackware
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm#tshoot
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
    and

    Use CWShredder, the CoolWeb removal tool, available here:
    http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-14.html
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
    http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip

    In addition, install Ad-Aware 6 free edition, start it, click its 'Check for Updates' link in the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system, and remove what it finds.
    Ad-Aware:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    Install, update and run SpyBot Search & Destroy, scan your system, and then remove the items in RED only.
    SpyBot S&D:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

    If the problems still exist, continue with this:

    Download, unzip, and run Hijack This from one of these locations:
    http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-14.html
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/HijackThis.exe
    Unzip to a folder other than your Desktop or the Temp folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

    When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log somewhere you can find it (Desktop, My Documents, or similar).
    Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

    Copy the log files and paste them into a new post at one of these forums:
    http://forums.net-integration.net/
    http://computercops.biz/forums.html
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=30
    http://tomcoyote.org/forums/
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com
    http://boards.cexx.org/

    The folks there will tell you what to remove.

    A tutorial for using Hijack This is located here:
    http://aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Plugger" <Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote in message news:407ED1D9.3E2E@netscape.net...
    > Hugh , Allen & Ben ....... i appreciate your help ..... downloaded and
    > installed fine .... Everything is working well . Still getting page
    > faults in IE(which is why i deleted it in the first place) .... Seems to
    > be primarily on ".net" websites ...... prior to deleting my previous IE
    > the homepage was taken over by a search page ... always made itself my
    > homepage .... the HTTP was many letters numbers & %%% signs ... any help
    > here would be greatly appreciated ....... My son thanks everyone for
    > getting his outlook express back .....

Download Internet Explorer Windows