IE 5.5 /download

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 12, 2004 8:47:46 PM

Anyone know of a place to download an IE version 5.0 or newer w/outlook
express .... cannot install from a CDrom drive doesn't work so that
option is out . It's my sons computer(12 yr old) and he really misses
being able to check his hotmail thru outlook express . I saved the set
up program from an earlier reinstall but it insists on connecting and
downloading more files .......starts the downloads then quits and says
files can't be found ....... any help would be appreciated ....

More about : download

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:47:47 PM

Plugger <Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote in message news:407AC8D0.2CC8@netscape.net...
> Anyone know of a place to download an IE version 5.0 or newer w/outlook
> express .... cannot install from a CDrom drive doesn't work so that
> option is out . It's my sons computer(12 yr old) and he really misses
> being able to check his hotmail thru outlook express . I saved the set
> up program from an earlier reinstall but it insists on connecting and
> downloading more files .......starts the downloads then quits and says
> files can't be found ....... any help would be appreciated ....

http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/5.5_SP2
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 11:58:36 PM

For IE 5.01 SP2, download
http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update...
to a floppy. Copy and paste the following text to Notepad and save it to
the floppy as "a:\iebatch.txt". Put the floppy in the target computer, then
find and double-click the "a:\ie5setup.exe" file. A reboot will be required.

[DownloadSite]
Display=0
DownloadLocation="http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update..."
[Custom]
SetupMode=1
[Reboot]
Reboot=0
[End]

Ben

"Plugger" <Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote in message news:407AC8D0.2CC8@netscape.net...
> Anyone know of a place to download an IE version 5.0 or newer w/outlook
> express .... cannot install from a CDrom drive doesn't work so that
> option is out . It's my sons computer(12 yr old) and he really misses
> being able to check his hotmail thru outlook express . I saved the set
> up program from an earlier reinstall but it insists on connecting and
> downloading more files .......starts the downloads then quits and says
> files can't be found ....... any help would be appreciated ....
April 13, 2004 9:52:31 AM

Old IE versions.
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/
http://www.greenapple.com/access/software/custom-browse...

For IE5.5 SP2, you can get a CD here for $2.99
http://on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, Plugger
<Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote:

>Anyone know of a place to download an IE version 5.0 or newer w/outlook
>express .... cannot install from a CDrom drive doesn't work so that
>option is out . It's my sons computer(12 yr old) and he really misses
>being able to check his hotmail thru outlook express . I saved the set
>up program from an earlier reinstall but it insists on connecting and
>downloading more files .......starts the downloads then quits and says
>files can't be found ....... any help would be appreciated ....
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 10:15:23 PM

Hugh , Allen & Ben ....... i appreciate your help ..... downloaded and
installed fine .... Everything is working well . Still getting page
faults in IE(which is why i deleted it in the first place) .... Seems to
be primarily on ".net" websites ...... prior to deleting my previous IE
the homepage was taken over by a search page ... always made itself my
homepage .... the HTTP was many letters numbers & %%% signs ... any help
here would be greatly appreciated ....... My son thanks everyone for
getting his outlook express back .....
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 10:15:24 PM

Plugger <Plugger1@netscape.net> wrote in message news:407ED1D9.3E2E@netscape.net...
> Hugh , Allen & Ben ....... i appreciate your help ..... downloaded and
> installed fine .... Everything is working well . Still getting page
> faults in IE(which is why i deleted it in the first place) .... Seems to
> be primarily on ".net" websites ...... prior to deleting my previous IE
> the homepage was taken over by a search page ... always made itself my
> homepage .... the HTTP was many letters numbers & %%% signs ... any help
> here would be greatly appreciated ....... My son thanks everyone for
> getting his outlook express back .....

http://www.geekgirls.com/net_hijacked.htm
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 3:16:53 PM

Update your anti-virus app and then run a full-system virus scan.

Read here:
Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm#tshoot
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
and

Use CWShredder, the CoolWeb removal tool, available here:
http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-14.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip

In addition, install Ad-Aware 6 free edition, start it, click its 'Check for Updates' link in the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system, and remove what it finds.
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Install, update and run SpyBot Search & Destroy, scan your system, and then remove the items in RED only.
SpyBot S&D:
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

If the problems still exist, continue with this:

Download, unzip, and run Hijack This from one of these locations:
http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-14.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/HijackThis.e...
Unzip to a folder other than your Desktop or the Temp folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere you can find it (Desktop, My Documents, or similar).
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Copy the log files and paste them into a new post at one of these forums:
http://forums.net-integration.net/
http://computercops.biz/forums.html
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=30
http://tomcoyote.org/forums/
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com
http://boards.cexx.org/

The folks there will tell you what to remove.

A tutorial for using Hijack This is located here:
http://aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm