desktop vs desktop replacement

I have about convinced myself to switch from a desktop to a Gateway desktop
replacement. How do the flight simulations compare between notebook and
desktops?

More about desktop desktop replacement

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:38:02 -0400, "Lynndel Humphreys"
    <lynndel@xtn.net> brought the following to our attention:

    >I have about convinced myself to switch from a desktop to a Gateway desktop
    >replacement. How do the flight simulations compare between notebook and
    >desktops?

    A desktop PC will generally outperform a notebook. It's easy to
    believe that a notebook would be optimised for light weight and
    power consumption. A desktop hasn't these restrictions and can
    be built for performance.

    BTW.. used to track along on real flights.. such as ATL to BWI.. in a
    window seat and running DeLorme Street Atlas on a laptop.. looking
    out the window and following with zoom and pan of the map!! :)

    -Gregory

    Extemely rare for me to fly, but traveling with a desktop replacement
    running MS FS2K(?) and Street Atlas with GPS would make up for the plane vs
    van time differential,also, desktop vs desktop replacement differential.

    > BTW.. used to track along on real flights.. such as ATL to BWI.. in a
    > window seat and running DeLorme Street Atlas on a laptop.. looking
    > out the window and following with zoom and pan of the map!! :)
    >

    > -Gregory

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:23:34 -0400, "Lynndel Humphreys"
    <lynndel@xtn.net> brought the following to our attention:

    >Extemely rare for me to fly, but traveling with a desktop replacement
    >running MS FS2K(?) and Street Atlas with GPS would make up for the plane vs
    >van time differential,also, desktop vs desktop replacement differential.

    Lynndel.. not fully clear on what you mean.. but the part about
    DeLorme was.. when we got the ok to operate electronic devices
    after takeoff.. I'd start up the company laptop and start Delorme map
    software. Then by looking out the window seat.. would track along with
    the flight by matching towns and road patterns with the street map.
    No GPS was involved.. just view out aircraft window. :)

    -Gregory

    >> BTW.. used to track along on real flights.. such as ATL to BWI.. in a
    >> window seat and running DeLorme Street Atlas on a laptop.. looking
    >> out the window and following with zoom and pan of the map!! :)
    >>

    >> -Gregory

    >http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    >----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    Most people here seem to like the way a fairly high end desktop with a
    reasonable video card, can cope. My two year old Dell Inspiron flies FS9
    very well. You can buy any smallish USB joystick which helps a lot.

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    Sorry, for desktop above please read laptop...

    Cheers,

    Quilly

Desktops Microsoft Video Games