desktop vs desktop replacement

I have about convinced myself to switch from a desktop to a Gateway desktop
replacement. How do the flight simulations compare between notebook and
desktops?

GREGORY

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:38:02 -0400, "Lynndel Humphreys"
<lynndel@xtn.net> brought the following to our attention:

>I have about convinced myself to switch from a desktop to a Gateway desktop
>replacement. How do the flight simulations compare between notebook and
>desktops?

A desktop PC will generally outperform a notebook. It's easy to
believe that a notebook would be optimised for light weight and
power consumption. A desktop hasn't these restrictions and can
be built for performance.

BTW.. used to track along on real flights.. such as ATL to BWI.. in a
window seat and running DeLorme Street Atlas on a laptop.. looking
out the window and following with zoom and pan of the map!! :)

-Gregory

Extemely rare for me to fly, but traveling with a desktop replacement
running MS FS2K(?) and Street Atlas with GPS would make up for the plane vs
van time differential,also, desktop vs desktop replacement differential.

> BTW.. used to track along on real flights.. such as ATL to BWI.. in a
> window seat and running DeLorme Street Atlas on a laptop.. looking
> out the window and following with zoom and pan of the map!! :)
>

> -Gregory

GREGORY

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:23:34 -0400, "Lynndel Humphreys"
<lynndel@xtn.net> brought the following to our attention:

>Extemely rare for me to fly, but traveling with a desktop replacement
>running MS FS2K(?) and Street Atlas with GPS would make up for the plane vs
>van time differential,also, desktop vs desktop replacement differential.

Lynndel.. not fully clear on what you mean.. but the part about
DeLorme was.. when we got the ok to operate electronic devices
after takeoff.. I'd start up the company laptop and start Delorme map
software. Then by looking out the window seat.. would track along with
the flight by matching towns and road patterns with the street map.
No GPS was involved.. just view out aircraft window. :)

-Gregory

>> BTW.. used to track along on real flights.. such as ATL to BWI.. in a
>> window seat and running DeLorme Street Atlas on a laptop.. looking
>> out the window and following with zoom and pan of the map!! :)
>>

>> -Gregory

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Most people here seem to like the way a fairly high end desktop with a
reasonable video card, can cope. My two year old Dell Inspiron flies FS9
very well. You can buy any smallish USB joystick which helps a lot.

Cheers,

Quilly

Sorry, for desktop above please read laptop...

Cheers,

Quilly