R300 vs Pixma IP5000

Hi,
I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know there
is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
thanks ppl
rol
10 answers Last reply
More about r300 pixma ip5000

    "rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know
    > there
    > is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
    > epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
    > canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
    > Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
    > HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
    > thanks ppl
    > rol

    the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and gradations
    if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed to
    negate the need for extra colours. The only way to know is to read a review
    that compares the two directly. I'm not sure if one exists.

    I have just purchased a Canon Pixma i5000 to replace an old S800 in my
    office. The initial 8x10's I've gotten from this latest and now one of the
    greatest from Canon are phenomenal! They are noticeably superior in detail
    and apparent sharpness when compared to the output from my Canon i950 and
    i960 which are both 6 color printers and now, IMO, definitely a generation
    behind this i5000.
    I have had to replace under warranty the heads in both the i950 and i960
    once each in the year or so since I've owned them. I hope that the i5000
    will not be any worse with its 50% smaller drop size. I have found, however,
    that providing additional daily cleanings, especially when the printer is
    not being used continuously, is good health insurance against nozzle clogs.

    "rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know
    > there
    > is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
    > epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
    > canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
    > Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
    > HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
    > thanks ppl
    > rol

    > the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and
    gradations
    > if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed to
    > negate the need for extra colours.

    Well, if that is true, why the canon's top printer pixma 8500 is "only" a 2
    picoliter size and 4800 dpi with six colors?

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:27:25 -0000, "rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know there
    >is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
    >epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
    >canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
    >Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
    >HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
    >thanks ppl
    >rol

    Canon print head do not last..

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:26:59 GMT, "Mr Jessop" <anonymouse@isp.com> wrote:

    >"rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know
    >> there
    >> is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
    >> epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
    >> canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
    >> Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
    >> HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
    >> thanks ppl
    >> rol
    >
    >the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and gradations
    >if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed to
    >negate the need for extra colours. The only way to know is to read a review
    >that compares the two directly. I'm not sure if one exists.

    Tomshardware, the R300 was tops the Canon a very close second..

    http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20041025/index.html

    > Tomshardware, the R300 was tops the Canon a very close second..
    >
    > http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20041025/index.html

    It don't have the Canon ip3000. I suppose it would be the first.

    Go Pixma Mate...They are the "Bomb"!!

    rol wrote:
    > > the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and
    > gradations
    >
    >>if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed to
    >>negate the need for extra colours.
    >

    > Well, if that is true, why the canon's top printer pixma 8500 is "only" a 2
    > picoliter size and 4800 dpi with six colors?

    8 colours actually

    --
    Sel ........ :)

    "Sel" <sel@enternenospam.co.nz> escreveu na mensagem
    > rol wrote:
    > > > the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and
    > > gradations
    > >
    > >>if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed
    > >>negate the need for extra colours.
    > >

    > > Well, if that is true, why the canon's top printer pixma 8500 is "only"
    a 2
    > > picoliter size and 4800 dpi with six colors?
    > >
    > 8 colours actually

    Sorry....8 colours of course
    but shouldn't they try the same tecknology they use on ip5000

    rol wrote:

    > "Sel" <sel@enternenospam.co.nz> escreveu na mensagem

    >>>gradations

    >>>Well, if that is true, why the canon's top printer pixma 8500 is "only"
    >
    > a 2
    >
    >>>picoliter size and 4800 dpi with six colors?
    >>>

    >>8 colours actually
    >

    > Sorry....8 colours of course
    > but shouldn't they try the same tecknology they use on ip5000

    I think 1 pictoliter only works with certain paper types like canons PPP
    paper. The link below is a good place to go to ask these questions.

Printers Pixma Epson Canon Peripherals