R300 vs Pixma IP5000

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 16, 2004 3:27:25 PM

Hi,
I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know there
is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
thanks ppl
rol

More about : r300 pixma ip5000

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 10:26:59 PM

"rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know
> there
> is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
> epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
> canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
> Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
> HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
> thanks ppl
> rol

the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and gradations
if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed to
negate the need for extra colours. The only way to know is to read a review
that compares the two directly. I'm not sure if one exists.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 10:39:40 PM

I have just purchased a Canon Pixma i5000 to replace an old S800 in my
office. The initial 8x10's I've gotten from this latest and now one of the
greatest from Canon are phenomenal! They are noticeably superior in detail
and apparent sharpness when compared to the output from my Canon i950 and
i960 which are both 6 color printers and now, IMO, definitely a generation
behind this i5000.
I have had to replace under warranty the heads in both the i950 and i960
once each in the year or so since I've owned them. I hope that the i5000
will not be any worse with its 50% smaller drop size. I have found, however,
that providing additional daily cleanings, especially when the printer is
not being used continuously, is good health insurance against nozzle clogs.

"rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know
> there
> is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
> epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
> canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
> Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
> HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
> thanks ppl
> rol

November 17, 2004 11:41:52 AM

> the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and
gradations
> if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed to
> negate the need for extra colours.

Well, if that is true, why the canon's top printer pixma 8500 is "only" a 2
picoliter size and 4800 dpi with six colors?
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 11:42:44 AM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:27:25 -0000, "rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know there
>is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
>epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
>canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
>Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
>HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
>thanks ppl
>rol

Canon print head do not last..

November 17, 2004 11:46:14 AM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:26:59 GMT, "Mr Jessop" <anonymouse@isp.com> wrote:

>"rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know
>> there
>> is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
>> epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
>> canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
>> Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
>> HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
>> thanks ppl
>> rol
>
>the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and gradations
>if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed to
>negate the need for extra colours. The only way to know is to read a review
>that compares the two directly. I'm not sure if one exists.

Tomshardware, the R300 was tops the Canon a very close second..

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20041025/index.htm...

November 17, 2004 12:03:16 PM

Go Pixma Mate...They are the "Bomb"!!
"rol" <ruiol@portugalmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would like your opinion on epson R300 vs Canon pixma ip5000. I know
there
> is a R800 too, but its expensive for me
> epson is a six color printer with 2 or 3 picoliter drop and +-4800 dpi
> canon 1s a four color prnter with 1 picoliter drop and +-9600 dpi
> Well I'm confused on this choice to do photoprints.
> HP? I don't think so because they don´t have seperated inks
> thanks ppl
> rol

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 2:20:20 PM

rol wrote:
> > the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and
> gradations
>
>>if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed to
>>negate the need for extra colours.
>

> Well, if that is true, why the canon's top printer pixma 8500 is "only" a 2
> picoliter size and 4800 dpi with six colors?

8 colours actually

--
Sel ........ :)
Anonymous

"Sel" <sel@enternenospam.co.nz> escreveu na mensagem
> rol wrote:
> > > the smaller drop size and higher rez means better mid tones and
> > gradations
> >
> >>if the technology is to be beleived. such small dropsizes are supposed
> >>negate the need for extra colours.
> >

> > Well, if that is true, why the canon's top printer pixma 8500 is "only"
a 2
> > picoliter size and 4800 dpi with six colors?
> >
> 8 colours actually

Sorry....8 colours of course
but shouldn't they try the same tecknology they use on ip5000
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 11:34:20 AM

rol wrote:

> "Sel" <sel@enternenospam.co.nz> escreveu na mensagem

>>>gradations

>>>Well, if that is true, why the canon's top printer pixma 8500 is "only"
>
> a 2
>
>>>picoliter size and 4800 dpi with six colors?
>>>

>>8 colours actually
>

> Sorry....8 colours of course
> but shouldn't they try the same tecknology they use on ip5000

I think 1 pictoliter only works with certain paper types like canons PPP
paper. The link below is a good place to go to ask these questions.

!