boot disk help S.O.S.

I need to know what to do after I put my boot disk in my
computer has windows 95 on it but for some reason it wont
boot up it says insert boot disk what do I do after I put
the boot disk in how what do I do after that to get
windows 95 back up with out losing what I had on my hard
disk I would appreciate any help thank you very much
glynn

I am unsure just what your situation mioght be.

1. If you believe you computer has Win95 already installed on it, then
you should be able to start Windows without a boot disk. Since you
have used a boot disk, I am guessing that soemthing is wrong, but you
have not told us what is wrong. Why are you using a boot disk.

2. If you need to reinstall Windows, do you have a Windows CD-ROM? And
do you have the product ID for this CD-ROM?

3. Can you start Windows in Safe Mode? To get into Safe Mode, press F8
three or four times at one-second intervals just after you turn the
computer on. If you can start in Safe Mode, yopu may be able to repair
the system.

Bill Starbuck (MVP)

Philo

"glynn" <glynndurnen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I need to know what to do after I put my boot disk in my
> computer has windows 95 on it but for some reason it wont
> boot up it says insert boot disk what do I do after I put
> the boot disk in how what do I do after that to get
> windows 95 back up with out losing what I had on my hard
> disk I would appreciate any help thank you very much
> glynn

first off...is the harddrive correctly recognized in the bios?