IE Homepage

My homepage keeps getting overwritten each time I open
Internet Explorer. I've run Adaware to try and find the
problem. Can you offer any advice on how to find the
culprit? I have also emptied Temporary Internet Files,
Temp Files, History, and Cookies Files. Thanks in advance.

Ted

Here is my canned reply, below.....CWShredder may handle it for you:

Update your anti-virus app and then run a full-system virus scan.

Read here:
Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm#tshoot
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html
and

Use CWShredder, the CoolWeb removal tool, available here:
http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-14.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip

In addition, install Ad-Aware 6 free edition, start it, click its 'Check for Updates' link in the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system, and remove what it finds.
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Install, update and run SpyBot Search & Destroy, scan your system, and then remove the items in RED only.
SpyBot S&D:
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

If you still have trouble:
Download, unzip, and run Hijack This from one of these locations:
http://computercops.biz/downloads-cat-14.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/HijackThis.exe
Unzip to a folder other than your Desktop or the Temp folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere you can find it (Desktop, My Documents, or similar).
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Copy the log files and paste them into a new post at one of these forums:
http://forums.net-integration.net/
http://computercops.biz/forums.html
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=30
http://tomcoyote.org/forums/
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com
http://boards.cexx.org/

The folks there will tell you what to remove.

A tutorial for using Hijack This is located here:
http://aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm