Now that's what I call good airflow!

AntiHax0r

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
It is kind of noisy for a fan that size, but then again the large size of it would mean more air resistance against the blades which would cause more noise anyways.

19-35db not too bad considering you get this much - Air Flow: 90.97~162.82 CFM (MAX)

Further improvments could be made to maximize that air flow by ducting the case.

http://overclockers.com/tips1187/

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
It is kind of noisy for a fan that size, but then again the large size of it would mean more air resistance against the blades which would cause more noise anyways.

yeah and dont forget that that noise rating doesnt take into account the space its working in i would say add an extra 10db onto that figure.

mpjesse

Splendid
Bah, the noise (according to their website) ain't all that bad. If you add up both the front and side intake fans, it's about 37dba- hardly anything to worry about.

Thanks for posting this Dizman, I'm really interested in buying one of these now...

-mpjesse

jokersgrin

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
I got a 6.75 on my server case that blows about 300cfm at high setting at low its roughly about 180cfm and I can't even here it.

comair rotron is the fan 12vdc

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
hmm stretched stockings will work look silly though lol.

i doubt it would increase cooling performance much, theres only so much you can do with air. i would like to see someone review the case first, against a normal case with stock cooling.

Maxiius

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
the "ghost" would cool your pc and blow your stuff around the room. lol

LOL damn you I spit my coffee out on my desk.

The Ghost looks like a damn turbine jet engine! Imagine having THE GHOST as an exhaust fan on the back of your computer... you'd turn it on for a few seconds then it would rip you parts right out of your system haha.

kumana1

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005

LOL! air cooling at its best
mate that with a nice copper heatsink, take off the side panel and mount that in its place. voila, the best hsf on the block. that bad boy would not only cool your system, but the entire house!

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Part computer, part vaccuum cleaner!

Better watch out when you injcrease the fan speed...... Ever heard of a hovercraft? :lol: :lol:

GunnerGTP

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
The bigger the fan, the slower it can spin to move the same amount of air. Lower RPMS = less noise (when cfm is constant). I'm gonna start looking for a big 'ol fan now to mod my case. This is cool.

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
That's not strictly true, as the outermost point on the blades are traveling a greater distance, therefore relative speed to the air will be almost, if not as great as a smaller rotar.

Think of the racket helicopters make.... Big diameter blades

God I'm getting pedantic!!!

Sorry!

RichPLS

Champion
A helicopter has to rotate blades enough to lift off.
But larger fans do turn at lower rates and it is a fact a 1000rpm 120mm fan is usually quiter (actually nearly silent) than a 2400rpm 80mm fan, yet will blow equivlant or more air volumes.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Man, and i thought my vantec tornado was extreme. 850 bucks though? Come on. For that price, I could build my own heatsink and order a year's supply of liquid nitrogen.