FS9 Opens in Small Screen

I'm still having a problem with FS9 opening to a small window. I guess
what I'd like it to do is open up to the full size window, but also with
the menu bar on top. FS2002 always did this with no problem. It seems
like with FS9 most of the time, no matter how I close it, default flight
or not, the next time I use it it's back to the small window. There must
be a cure for this.

you might check the properties of your startup. Right click on your FS9
icon and select properties. Under the shortcut tab, see if it is set to run
in a normal window, minimized, or maximized. Don't know if it makes a
difference or not. Some gurus told me it would make AutoCAD come up in a
full window but it doesn't.

Hope it helps.

Mr. Steve of Deer Valley - KDVT

"Tom Pamin" <scnrfrq@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I'm still having a problem with FS9 opening to a small window. I guess
> what I'd like it to do is open up to the full size window, but also with
> the menu bar on top. FS2002 always did this with no problem. It seems like
> with FS9 most of the time, no matter how I close it, default flight or
> not, the next time I use it it's back to the small window. There must be a
> cure for this.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mr. Steve wrote:
> you might check the properties of your startup. Right click on your FS9
> icon and select properties. Under the shortcut tab, see if it is set to run
> in a normal window, minimized, or maximized. Don't know if it makes a
> difference or not. Some gurus told me it would make AutoCAD come up in a
> full window but it doesn't.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Mr. Steve of Deer Valley - KDVT
>

> "Tom Pamin" <scnrfrq@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>
>>I'm still having a problem with FS9 opening to a small window. I guess
>>what I'd like it to do is open up to the full size window, but also with
>>the menu bar on top. FS2002 always did this with no problem. It seems like
>>with FS9 most of the time, no matter how I close it, default flight or
>>not, the next time I use it it's back to the small window. There must be a
>>cure for this.

My FS9 also started in a small screen. I went to properties and it said
"Normal Window"

I changed it to Maximized and it opens in full screen. That musta' been it.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)