Optimal resolution notice

jeriiwin

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
a notice keeps popping up saying' optimal resolution notification'. whats that mean? my resolution is set to recamended setting

Can happen in a few places, when the PC is booting up, the monitor still sees the resolution and complains, or if it happens after Windows is loaded, your resolution is not set to the native resolution of the monitor. If you see this message after Windows loads, find out what your native resolution is, and set it to that in Windows.

You can also turn off that message in the monitor options.

jeriiwin

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
It comes after windows is loaded, and my native resolution is 1366*768, and thats what its set to. I wouldnt be so worried about it but its making my comp run slow.

That will not make your computer run slow, it's just a display that shows up on the monitor, does not even run in the computer, it's part of the monitor firmware.

Where did you get the idea it was causing your PC to be slow? What kind of monitor do you have? That's a bit of an odd resolution you listed. I have not seen a wide screen monitor that is not 1440x900 at least, and a 3:4 monitor would be 1280x1024 or 1024x768 in that range.

Donald_1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011

If you have a ViewSonic monitor it is a really simple fix. Look for 2 buttons on the monitor (mine are in the center of the underside of the screen). One will be labeled "1" and the other "2". There will probably be others with arrows or menu keys depending on your model. When you start the program just hit the "2" and you'll never see that again for that program. I'm not sure how to shut it off to get it to stop asking at all but hopefully this helps. It drove me nuts for a few days also.

TRENDING THREADS