Need Comments ont his Ram (Corsair XMS TwinX2048)

nitto1320i

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2005
hi, i recently order this ram (Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT 2GB Kit DDR500 XMS4000) and i was wondering if this ram is any good.. base on the description it is (good marketing). but i havent found any comments about it..
here is the spec:
Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Speed DDR 500 (PC 4000)
Cas Latency 3
Timing 3-4-4-8 1T

Description says:The TWINX2048-4000PT is a pair of two 1028 MByte, two-bank, ultra-performance DDR SDRAM DIMMs screened specifically for gaming applications. This part delivers outstanding performance at very high clock speeds. It has been tested extensively in a variety of motherboards commonly used in gaming rigs. This memory has been verified to operate at 500MHz ( 3-4-4-8 ). This part is also available in single modules. Side-by-side comparison indicates that this is one of the fastest DDR modules available in the world.

Did i make the right choice? :roll:

nitto1320i

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2005
these are the only reviews i can find.. :( anyone owns this ram can confirm this?
=====================================================
Pros: everything...

Cons: none...

Other Thoughts: unbeliveable ram they say ddr500 but will go to 290fsb like a breeze buy this ram won't regret it

and

Comments: Supper fast and no compatibility issues with the ASUS A8N-E. Enough said. Amazing memory. Cudos to newegg for great price and being the only ones to have this memory in stock.... More »

yes just 2 comments.. :(

ProHandyman

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Try this review posted this week: 2GB DDR kit comparison review.

The Corsair did very well especially for the price. Corsair memory almost always will be a good choice... maybe not the highest performing, but stable and well backed .

This memory is going to find a place in my newest system. I have used Corsair memory for a decade+ now, and have never had any issues on a variety of mobos and platforms.