Yo, Peter

dallas

Yo, Peter

Kinda wondering what you thought of the Dreamfleet Bonanza, assuming you've
had time to test it.

PS How's the new kid?

Dallas

Dallas wrote:

> Kinda wondering what you thought of the Dreamfleet Bonanza, assuming
> you've had time to test it.

Hey, Dallas, I still have not had time to evaluate the handling
characteristics of this aircraft due to my RL traveling schedule. I
have been traveling (flying the Bo) during the week and that leaves
little time for myself when getting home.

So far, my observations have been limited to the cockpit,
instrumentation, and overall look of the aircraft, which I shared a
couple of weeks ago. Let me see if I can make some time to take a
flight in the aircraft for you this weekend and let you know of the
characteristics.

Have you been flying the Bonanza at all? What are your impressions?
Here are some things you can check:

1) Slow to 150kts or in level flight, then drop the gear and lower the
nose about 3 degrees. The aircraft should slow to about 120 kts with a
500 fpm descent.

2) One a standard day (59 degrees F) at sea level, you should see about
a 700-1000 fpm climbout at 110 kts, depending on load. What is the
delivered load weight for this aircraft? Full fuel, luggage, and
passengers? Or only the pilot with full fuel? I haven't yet looked at
the cfg file to see the loaded weight set by Dreamfleet.

3) At level cruise, lower the nose about 2 degrees and reduce power to
24 inches and 2400 RPMs. This should give you 500fpm descent and an
airspeed right at the top of the green arc (175kts or so).

> PS How's the new kid?

LOL! Taking my time away from the sim, as are my other two boys, but I
am not complaining one bit. :) Before I know it, they will all be
teenagers and want none of my time.

Best,

--
Peter

dallas

"pr"
> Have you been flying the Bonanza at all? What are your impressions?

Yes, I have. I got the aircraft mostly because I had been running my mouth
so much about it I felt like I had to..

It started out in about 4th place of my favorite aircraft list because it's
just another single engine GA. But, I'll be damned if it hasn't crept its
way up the charts to number 1 or 2. I find it a very well thought out add
on, the click spots in the cockpit make it effortless to manage. It's a
real pleasure to fly.

Only two things that bug me:
1) The 2-D panel bitmaps seemed "washed out". I finally put them into
Photoshop and darkened them up and I'm pleased with the result. If you have
the same problem let me know and I'll send you the fixed ones.

2) I'm not sure the mixture is modeled correctly. Should you forget to lean
as you climb, it seems to make no difference. And correctly leaning has
little effect on the engine or gauges.

Quit messin' with that new baby and fly your new toy! :)

Dallas

dallas

"Dallas"
> 2) I'm not sure the mixture is modeled correctly.

Yeah, derrr..... I get to correct myself.... I had automixture checked
for some reason. Now it works great! :)

Dallas

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:56:21 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> 2) I'm not sure the mixture is modeled correctly. Should you forget to lean
> as you climb, it seems to make no difference. And correctly leaning has
> little effect on the engine or gauges.

Make certain that you have "Automixture" turned off in the sim. Pop up the
EDM700 and you WILL notice quite a bit of effect from leaning!

Bill

Paul Riley <Falcon63624@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You are so right Peter--what they WILL want though is the keys to your
> car---or cars of their own. That is when the REAL fun begins.

LOL! One phase of their life at a time, please. :) It is already moving
too quickly.

--
Peter

Dallas <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

> 1) The 2-D panel bitmaps seemed "washed out". I finally put them into
> Photoshop and darkened them up and I'm pleased with the result. If you have
> the same problem let me know and I'll send you the fixed ones.

Sure, I'll take you up on your offer. :) After reading several of your
panel criticisms in the past, I certainly trust your eye for perfection.
Use pjricc @ twcny.rrX.com (without the cap) for the address.

--
Peter

Dallas <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

> 04/11/2005 Done.

Thank you, D. I'll install them later this week and give you a report.

--
Peter