win 32 applications

How do i make a program a valid win 32 application?

----- bargirl54 wrote: -----

How do i make a program a valid win 32 application?

This is the error is get Mitchellondemand\odwin32\wod32.exe is not a valid win32 application.

An error message referring to this usually means that the
program is corrupted. You might try reinstalling the program.
If this doesn't help or can't be done, please repost with more
information, including the program you are trying to run.

Ben

"bargirl54" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65283CC2-20B7-4DED-9AD3-AAEA7640C56E@microsoft.com...
> How do i make a program a valid win 32 application?

I'm running Mitchell on Demand for our automotive shop. It worked at one time on this pc which by the way uses windows 95.

Reinstall the program, if possible. If you are running the program directly from
the CD drive, Windows may not be reading the CD drive properly. You may
be able to confirm this by running programs from another CD. If this is the case,
you may have to reinstall the driver for the CD drive.

Ben

"bargirl54" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61C4D09F-1CB9-4D2F-B01C-CD4AFFDFB165@microsoft.com...
> I'm running Mitchell on Demand for our automotive shop. It worked at one time on this pc which by the way uses windows 95.

Have you contacted Mitchell tech support with your problem?
http://www.mitchellsupport.com/form/techsupport.htm

I presume you are using an old version of the program, as the current version's system requirements are Windows 98 or higher, and beginning with version 5.3, Internet Explorer 6.0

Reboot.
Open the Temp folder and delete all Temp files:
-Click Start>Run, type %temp% and click OK.
-Press Ctrl+A to select all, then press Delete.

Delete the Temporary Internet Files:
Click Start> Settings> Control Panel> Internet Options> General tab.
Click the Delete Files button, then put a checkmark in the box to Delete all offline content, and click OK, and OK.

Close all open windows and running apps.
Disable your anti-virus and screensaver.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and End Task on everything except Explorer and Systray.
Make sure that the CD-ROM disc is clean, then try the install again.

You may also try cleaning the drive with an inexpensive audio cleaning disc.
If you still have a problem, check that your CDROM drive is working correctly with another disc.

If your CD-ROM is able to read the disc, copy the contents of the disc to a new folder on your hard drive and run Setup from the hard drive.

Other things to try:

Look on you Mitchell CD for a program named MDAC_TYP.EXE
If found, double-click to install it, and restart the computer.

You may also need to install DCOM95:
http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom95/dcom1_3.asp
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems