Sign in with
Your question

tape drive repair

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 17, 2002 6:48:32 PM

anyone know a place where I can get an HP tape drive repaired?

Arrg

More about : tape drive repair

Anonymous
a b α HP
January 18, 2002 1:06:28 PM

Yes I know try the HP tape drive repair shop... Hang on I'll get a link for you for the address.

<A HREF="http://www.sex.com" target="_new">Hp Tape Drive Repair Shop</A>

Hope that helps relive your stress :wink:

<font color=purple><b>Techie2001</font color=purple></b>
<i>(Crazy Alien)</i>
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it. :wink:
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 18, 2002 3:55:18 PM

hmm not really the place to post if ya want quick results is it. Bet this dude gone elsewhere. Neva mind.

<font color=purple><b>Techie2001</font color=purple></b>
<i>(Crazy Alien)</i>
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it. :wink:
Related resources
March 19, 2002 5:42:58 AM

I sell them, buy all my tape drives PLEASE!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
August 23, 2011 7:41:35 AM

We have SDLT and LTO autoloader and superloader. I want to know how to repair the robotic mechanism with software tool or hardware tool.
I want information of the tools.
September 7, 2012 4:51:06 PM

Hi there all,

I have DELL LTO Tape Drive PowerVault 110T that attempts with reading the tape then ejects it right after.
I have tried cleanign cartridge and followed some of the technical support threads online but still the problem is not solved. i also tried resetting the Tape Drive but still having the problem.
Any help is kindly appreciated
Thank you all!!
September 7, 2012 10:00:39 PM

haburayash said:
Hi there all,

I have DELL LTO Tape Drive PowerVault 110T that attempts with reading the tape then ejects it right after.
I have tried cleanign cartridge and followed some of the technical support threads online but still the problem is not solved. i also tried resetting the Tape Drive but still having the problem.
Any help is kindly appreciated
Thank you all!!

Hello haburayash,

When it eject the tape out does the cleaning light come back on or does the error light come on? Also have you tried using a new cleaning tape or just the one that you have been using? If it is a new cleaning tape & when the tape comes out and the cleaning light comes on then it is the read & write heads that are gone in the tape drive. If the read write heads are gone then sorry but the drive needs to be replaced.
September 7, 2012 10:48:16 PM

Thanks for the reply.

when it ejects the tape, no light is flashed or turned on, only the ready button with green light and thats all.
as for the tape, i tried a brand new tape before that i used an old one and kept using them back and forth.
the drive does not require any cleaning utilities or upgrades to the drivers.
September 11, 2012 4:06:02 PM

Hi all,

Surprisingly, the tape drive once again takes the tape in and it just appear to read the tape but it doesnt.
The tape once again is fine and brand new along with other old ones to try. The drive does not recognize the tape once inserted and it shows all lights working.

any help is kindly appreciated....
!