Oscar

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

Hi guys.
My son is having problems with playing in maltiplayer mode.
MS FS2004
Win XP prof (fireall turned off)
Broadband router model USR8000 (with updated software)
Cable modem

connecting in gamingzone room succeeds!
however FS starts-up without the panel multiplayer "connecting to
multiplayer session"

Has this something to do with the firewall in the router???
How to configure the router?
Present settings in the router:
Trigger is 47624
Incoming ports opened 2300-2400,28800-29100
Something failing?
Thanks for any help.

Oscar

Oscar

While I can't help you with the MP problem (never tried MP myself), I
can offer you this advice:

/Never/ disable your firewall. You shouldn't have to; any firewall
worth having will be configurable so that you can give Internet access
rights to whatever applications you want. If the firewall you're using
makes this difficult or impossible, you should ditch it.

Huw