Can some one tell me how I can get Windows XP backup as I do not have the
original XP disk. HP computers do not ship with one. Thanks

take this link http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home
I hope you are aware of it's limitations:
1) will not complete an ASR
2) cannot burn directly to CD-R or CD-R/W (work a round here
http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/saving_files_to_cd.htm )
3) cannot split files into segments
4) cannot open backups made with other versions of Windows Backup programs

other than that it is marginally effective

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"mabbe" <mabbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can some one tell me how I can get Windows XP backup as I do not have the
> original XP disk. HP computers do not ship with one. Thanks

Harry thanks for your help. You are right I would like to be able to backup
to CD-R/W. I was hoping that XP Backup would be an easy way to do that. I
will keep in mind what you said and print out your directions. Thanks for
your help.