Problems with Win-95

Mac

I am having problem with my Win-95. The error message
that I get is "Hard Disk Controller Failure". Is there
anything I can do to correct the problem? Thanks

"mac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:6f2201c42f9f
$03d0d620$a601280a@phx.gbl:

> I am having problem with my Win-95. The error message
> that I get is "Hard Disk Controller Failure". Is there
> anything I can do to correct the problem? Thanks

It means that the system cannot find a harddisk. Is it well-configured in
the BIOS?. Maybe the battery is empty.

Did it happen suddenly? Have you added a second drive? Check master-slave
jumpers, check cable. Try second IDE bus.

Maybe your drive died. Can you check it in another computer?

Isaac

That sounds like a hardware failure. You could try booting to safe mode and
removing the hard disk controller in Device manager. Windows will install
a replacement driver when you next boot (have your installation CD ready).
That might fix it, but it won't help if it really is a controller failure.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP W95/W98