amd 64 x2 3800+ (manchester vs. toledo)

hi there, i'm going to buy the x2 3800+ but just realized there are two different cores. one with the manchester core and one with the toledo core. the toledo core is a bit more expensive. what is the difference between these two cores? which is better? is the toledo core worth the extra dough?
4 answers Last reply
More about 3800 manchester toledo
  1. Im Not Sure But Id Like To Find Out Also, Please Let Me Know When You Find Out....I Myself Am Running An X2 3800+ With The Toledo Core
  2. The Toledo has 1mb l2 cache manchester is 512kb l2 cache. as stated in other posts the manchester would have a little less latency but the toledo would perform better in extreme cpu duty applications. that is the only difference between the 2.
  3. actually that's wrong, they both have 512kb. check this
    http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2677

Quote:
    The Toledo has 1mb l2 cache manchester is 512kb l2 cache. as stated in other posts the manchester would have a little less latency but the toledo would perform better in extreme cpu duty applications. that is the only difference between the 2.
  4. Wusy is correct. The first few batches of X2 chips w/ 512kb L2 cache were Toledo cores with 512kb L2 disabled. Manchester core is built specifically for the x3800, 4200, 4600, etc. From what I remember reading at the time, the Manchester core(s) are supposed to run a smidge cooler than the Toledo.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core AMD