power on password

I'm trying to get an old Compaq up and running.
The problem is that a "power on password" is set and I can't get passed the memory test when starting a boot.
I forgot what the password is from many years ago. How can I get into the setup so I can disable this password setting.
OS= Windows 95 Thanks,
3 answers Last reply
More about power password

    Remove CMOS battery for some time, this will reset BIOS to
    default values. Or search for special jumper on motherbord.

    You can sometimes find a bios reset password on the web. Just check
    out what bios it uses. Do a search on google or altavista
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    You'll need to crack the case and either pull a jumper marked "CMOS reset",
    or disconnect the BIOS battery for a day.

    Oh, I just read that yours is a Compaq. I hope that it isn't one of those
    Presario models that put the BIOS on the hard drive instead of a EEPROM
    chip.

    "fcc0610" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to get an old Compaq up and running.
    > The problem is that a "power on password" is set and I can't get passed
    the memory test when starting a boot.
    > I forgot what the password is from many years ago. How can I get into the
    setup so I can disable this password setting.
    > OS= Windows 95
    Thanks,

Power Windows