Norton Personal Firewall 2004

Will the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 install on a computer running
Windows 95?
The Symantec web site shows that this product supports Windows 98 and
later.
3 answers Last reply
More about norton personal firewall 2004

    "Charles B. Taylor" <cbtaylor@alaweb.com> wrote in message
    > Will the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 install on a computer running
    > Windows 95?
    > The Symantec web site shows that this product supports Windows 98 and
    > later.

    No. Symantec does not support WIN95 anymore, they haven't for two years.
    It will simply refuse to install on it.

    Outpost 1.0 freeware version will.
    (I think you might need ie 4 or above installed with desktop update
    for it not to crash). Active desktop does not need to be enabled.
    (If a program say learning mode in the blocked viewer. Disconnect or
    unplug your internet connection. In options application. (remember
    that name). Under blocked application Delete it. Now select trusted
    application and add that program back.)

    Don’t take any incoming connections very few program require this.
    Irc does. It has a preset option for Irc.

    However, no firewall will work properly in you have two computer
    hooked together

    Brian C.

    >On Wed, 5 May 2004 01:40:56 -0400, "Sc57" <scr57@gbcvwest.net> wrote:

    >"Charles B. Taylor" <cbtaylor@alaweb.com> wrote in message
    >> Will the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 install on a computer running
    >> Windows 95?
    >> The Symantec web site shows that this product supports Windows 98 and
    >> later.
    >
    >No. Symantec does not support WIN95 anymore, they haven't for two years.
    >It will simply refuse to install on it.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?)

    Charles B. Taylor <cbtaylor@alaweb.com> wrote in message news:40986A74.AF4CAA36@alaweb.com...
    > Will the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 install on a computer running
    > Windows 95?
    > The Symantec web site shows that this product supports Windows 98 and
    > later.

    I've just installed Kerio 2.1.5 (free) on Win95 4.00.950.
    During the installation process it tells you that Win95
    is not supported but all they really mean, is that they
    don't provide technical support.

Norton Firewalls Microsoft Windows