Norton Personal Firewall 2004

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
May 5, 2004 3:15:50 AM

Will the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 install on a computer running
Windows 95?
The Symantec web site shows that this product supports Windows 98 and
later.
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 5:40:56 AM

"Charles B. Taylor" <cbtaylor@alaweb.com> wrote in message
> Will the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 install on a computer running
> Windows 95?
> The Symantec web site shows that this product supports Windows 98 and
> later.

No. Symantec does not support WIN95 anymore, they haven't for two years.
It will simply refuse to install on it.
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 11:38:59 AM

Outpost 1.0 freeware version will.
(I think you might need ie 4 or above installed with desktop update
for it not to crash). Active desktop does not need to be enabled.
(If a program say learning mode in the blocked viewer. Disconnect or
unplug your internet connection. In options application. (remember
that name). Under blocked application Delete it. Now select trusted
application and add that program back.)

Don’t take any incoming connections very few program require this.
Irc does. It has a preset option for Irc.

However, no firewall will work properly in you have two computer
hooked together

Brian C.

>On Wed, 5 May 2004 01:40:56 -0400, "Sc57" <scr57@gbcvwest.net> wrote:

>"Charles B. Taylor" <cbtaylor@alaweb.com> wrote in message
>> Will the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 install on a computer running
>> Windows 95?
>> The Symantec web site shows that this product supports Windows 98 and
>> later.
>
>No. Symantec does not support WIN95 anymore, they haven't for two years.
>It will simply refuse to install on it.

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 6:37:23 PM

Charles B. Taylor <cbtaylor@alaweb.com> wrote in message news:40986A74.AF4CAA36@alaweb.com...
> Will the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 install on a computer running
> Windows 95?
> The Symantec web site shows that this product supports Windows 98 and
> later.

I've just installed Kerio 2.1.5 (free) on Win95 4.00.950.
During the installation process it tells you that Win95
is not supported but all they really mean, is that they
don't provide technical support.
!