Amazon's Kindle Fire Officially 'Sold Out'

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
bring in the kindle fire xl... (hopigng it exists and brings a 9+ inch screen and under $300 ) am surprised they are ending the kindle fire completely though i would think with a price cut they would keep selling liek hotcakes

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
an updated Kindle Touch with color and front-lit lighting, and an updated Kindle with color and frontlit lighting
FINALLY! This is something Ive been waiting for forever. Just hope the price is right.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Ipad Mini
Under $250

Not guna happen, ever, maybe used after they (finally) realize they just paid for a larger ipod they will be under $250

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]bring in the kindle fire xl... (hopigng it exists and brings a 9+ inch screen and under $300 ) am surprised they are ending the kindle fire completely though i would think with a price cut they would keep selling liek hotcakes[/citation]If you read carefully you'd see that in addition to the Fire XL and Fire HD, they're releasing an updated Fire at a cheaper price. Meaning, they've taken the existing Fire, tweaked it a bit (physical volume rocker, for one) and are selling it for less. Why continue to make the Fire, when they can make a slightly better Fire and it costs the same?[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]FINALLY! This is something Ive been waiting for forever. Just hope the price is right.[/citation]I'm with you there! This might be the first new Kindle device that gets me to replace my Kindle Keyboard model. Heck the "ads" are just on the lock page and a tiny banner. So if they sell a reduced-price model with ads I'll take it!

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
This site has a reached a new low with this article. What poorly written trash. The subject is fine, the writing atrocious "kicks ass and takes names?".

Have a little self-respect. It might be cute 10 years ago, but not today, in an article that's supposed to be serious.

How very pathetic. No wonder I come here less and less.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]This site has a reached a new low with this article. What poorly written trash. The subject is fine, the writing atrocious "kicks ass and takes names?". Have a little self-respect. It might be cute 10 years ago, but not today, in an article that's supposed to be serious. How very pathetic. No wonder I come here less and less.[/citation]

We won't miss your overly sensitive "ass".

andrys

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Kevin, your site is the only one saying the new Kindle Touch's are color models. Could you say where you got that info?

Are the added descriptive names "HD", "XL" etc ones you created to characterize the sizes better (and expected display resolution) or are they from the general source you name at the top (Amazon). Thanks for any info. While most of us have mentioned color e-Ink (muted colors can be useful for textbooks even if not super attractive), it's said that it isn't ready for mass production yet. Do you have solid info here?

Thanks for any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.