Driver for 4x packard bell cd-rom

pat

Expert

I am trying to reinstall win95 on my old packard bell but
i cannot get it to boot off the cd. I tried a generic
driver that was suppose to put it into autoexec file which
would make it work. I didn't. Does anyone have the driver
for it that you could email me or tell me where to find
it. Would reinstalling dos fix it? Its a shot in the dark!

"pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to reinstall win95 on my old packard bell but
>i cannot get it to boot off the cd. I tried a generic
>driver that was suppose to put it into autoexec file which
>would make it work. I didn't. Does anyone have the driver
>for it that you could email me or tell me where to find
>it. Would reinstalling dos fix it? Its a shot in the dark!

I'm not sure what you're asking for. The Win95 CD is not bootable.
Booting from a CD is a function of your machine's BIOS. If your
machine is old enough to be running Win95, it very likely cannot boot
from a CD.

But, as I said, it's not at all clear from your post what you want to
happen. If you're just trying to boot from a floppy and then be able
to read the CD, go to www.bootdisk.com and get a bootdisk that will
enable you to do that.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

pat

Expert

I want to be able to reinstall windows 95 from the cd-
rom. When I tell it to copy the install files to the
harddrive using the command "copy d:\win95\*.* where d:
is the cd-rom drive it says cannot find path;0 files
copied. I was told by a friend that that was the command
I needed. What can I do. I figured it was not reading the
cd? I am stumped on this one.

Go to www.bootdisk.com and download the file for a Win 95 boot disk with CD
support. Then use this file to make a bootdisk on a floppy that will have
CD drivers that should work.

"Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to be able to reinstall windows 95 from the cd-
> rom. When I tell it to copy the install files to the
> harddrive using the command "copy d:\win95\*.* where d:
> is the cd-rom drive it says cannot find path;0 files
> copied. I was told by a friend that that was the command
> I needed. What can I do. I figured it was not reading the
> cd? I am stumped on this one.

pat

Expert

It worked. Thanks